CPT Application Process
1. Submit paperwork for Academic Approval & Course Registration
Graduate Students: Global Management Program (GMP)
Find a faculty advisor and submit your employment offer letter along with your Global Management Program (GMP) registration form to the Graduate Office of Experiential Learning (OEL).
Questions about the GMP? Contact Julie Bentley
Olin Hall, Lower Level (781) 239-6149
2. Obtain an approved BP Application or GMP Letter containing the following details:
- Verification that you have been offered a position in your field of study and will participate in the approved course: BP (undergraduates) or GMP (graduate students)
- The name and number of the course in which you will enroll, and number of credits you will receive
- The name and complete address of the employer (location where you will work)
- A brief description of your responsibilities/duties
- The exact start and end date of your internship (employment dates should be within the enrolled semester)
- Whether the work is part-time (20 hours/week or less) or full-time (more than 20 hours/week)
3. Schedule an Appointment with an International Student Advisor (ISA)
- Call the Glavin Office at (781) 239-4565 to schedule a 30-minute appointment with an ISA (one day in advance)
- Bring your approved BP application/GMP letter and your Form I-94 to the appointment.
- During this appointment, you will be issued a new Form I-20 authorizing CPT.
- Do not begin employment until you are authorized for CPT.