Welcome to the Babson College Driver Authorization Process. You are required to complete this process if you want to drive a College owned vehicle; or, if you are an employee driving your personal vehicle or a vehicle owned, leased or rented in the name of the College, as a condition of employment.
- Hold a Valid U.S. Driver's License for a Minimum of One Year
- Complete Driver Authorization Forms
- Satisfactory Review of Driver History
- Successful Completion of Driver Safety Training Course
- Successful Completion of Golf-Cart Safety Training Quiz
- Vehicle Orientation
- Annual Reauthorization
Email email@example.com if your authorization to drive has expired or been revoked and you wish to be reinstated.
Great News !!! The process to become an authorized driver for Babson College has become even more automated through the use of Adobe Sign Software. To begin the process of becoming an authorized driver:
1. Via email, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Only Adobe certified electronic signatures are acceptable.
SKIP to #7 if you have completed the CSI driver history review forms as part of the hiring process.
2. Applicant will receive an email requesting that they complete and electronically sign the Driver’s Application and the Agreement to Terms and Conditions. Once the forms are submitted through Adobe Sign, Risk Management and the Applicant will both receive a copy of the signed document. The Applicant should retain a copy for their records.
3. Applicant will receive an email notification from Risk Management to gain access to the CSI site; and, CSI will then send a randomly selected password to the driver in a separate email for security purposes.
4. Applicant completes the CSI forms and reads the notifications on the CSI site.
Note: Applicant SHOULD NOT complete the CSI forms again if she or he has already completed them for Human Resources as part of the hiring process.
5. CSI advises Risk Management when the driver history is ready for review.
6. Risk Management reviews the driver history to affirm that it meets the College’s criteria for an acceptable driver and advises the Applicant of the results.
7. Applicant clicks on the link to take the on-line driver safety training course.
8. Upon completion of the course, Applicant will receive a copy of the completion certificate via email.
9. Applicant will forward the email containing the course completion certificate to email@example.com.
10. For golf-cart authorization, Applicant reviews the Babson Golf Cart training and takes the Golf Cart Quiz.
11. Applicant will submit the completed golf cart quiz answer-sheet to firstname.lastname@example.org.
12. Upon satisfactory review of the driver history, Risk Management advises Applicant and Public Safety that Applicant is ready for vehicle orientation.
13 Public Safety advises Risk Management when vehicle orientation is complete.
14. Risk Management adds the Applicant to the authorized driver list.
15. Risk Management advises Applicant that she or he is authorized to drive.
NOTE: Applicant is responsible for understanding both the Driver Vehicle Use Policy and the Driver Agreement to Terms, Conditions, Rules and Regulations. See above for copies of these documents.
Annual Authorization Update Process
The process to remain as an authorized driver for Babson College has become even more automated, through the use of Adobe Sign Software.
1. On an annual basis, driver will be required to do the following in order to maintain authorization status:
a. Driver will receive an email requesting that they complete and electronically sign the Driver's Updated Application and the Agreement to Terms and Conditions.
Note: You are not allowed to drive a College-owned vehicle if you do not hold a valid US driver’s license. Therefore, any changes that occur in your license status (revocation, suspension, etc.) must be reported to Risk Management and Public Safety as soon as it happens, rather than waiting for the annual review. Failure to report could result in disciplinary action.
b. Driver will also be required to acknowledge that she or he has read and accepts the Driver Agreement to Terms, Conditions, Rules and Regulations.
c. Failure to electronically sign and return these documents to Risk Management on a timely basis may result in loss of authorization to drive on behalf of the College.
d. In order to be reinstated, the driver must repeat the authorization process in its entirety.
2. As long as the driver maintains a valid US driver’s license and remain accident and moving violation-free, there will be nothing additional to do.