Welcome to the Babson College Driver Authorization Process. You are required to complete this process if you want to drive a College owned vehicle; or, if you are an employee driving your personal vehicle or a vehicle owned, leased or rented in the name of the College, as a condition of employment.
- Hold a Valid U.S. Driver's License for a Minimum of One Year
- Complete Driver Authorization Forms
- Satisfactory Review of Driver History
- Successful Completion of Driver Safety Training Course
- Successful Completion of Golf-Cart Safety Training Quiz
- Vehicle Orientation
- Annual Reauthorization
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if your authorization to drive has expired or been revoked and you wish to be reinstated.
1. Driver is directed to the Driver Authorization site.
2. Driver completes and signs the following forms and emails to email@example.com. Only Adobe certified electronic signatures are acceptable.
SKIP to #8 if you have completed the CSI driver history review forms as part of the hiring process.
3. Driver receives an email notification from Risk Management to gain access to the CSI site; and, CSI will then send a randomly selected password to the driver in a separate email for security purposes.
4. Driver completes the CSI forms and reads the notifications on the CSI site.
Note: Driver SHOULD NOT complete the CSI forms again if she or he has already completed them for Human Resources as part of the hiring process.
5. CSI advises Risk Management when the driver history is ready for review.
6. Risk Management reviews the driver history to affirm that it meets the College’s criteria for an acceptable driver and advises the driver of the results.
7. Driver clicks on the link to take the on-line driver safety training course.
8. Upon completion of the course driver will receive a copy of the completion certificate via email.
9. Driver will forward the email containing the course completion certificate to firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. For golf-cart authorization, driver reviews the Babson Golf Cart training and takes the Golf Cart Quiz.
11. Driver will submit the completed golf cart quiz answer-sheet to email@example.com.
12. Upon satisfactory review of the driver history, Risk Management advises driver and Public Safety that driver is ready for vehicle orientation.
13. Public Safety advises Risk Management when vehicle orientation is complete.
14. Risk Management adds the driver to the authorized driver list.
15. Risk Management advises driver that she or he is authorized to drive.
a. Driver is responsible for understanding both the Driver Vehicle Use Policy and Driver Agreement to Terms, Conditions, Rules and Regulations.
Annual Authorization Update Process
1. On an annual basis, driver will be required to do the following in order to maintain authorization status:
a. Update the Babson College Driver Authorization Update Application and send to Risk Management. If no changes, driver may write the words NO CHANGES across the form in large letters and send to Risk Management.
Note: You are not allowed to drive a College-owned vehicle if you do not hold a valid US driver’s license. Therefore, any changes that occur in your license status (revocation, suspension, etc.) must be reported to Risk Management and Public Safety as soon as it happens, rather than waiting for the annual review. Failure to report could result in disciplinary action.
b. Driver will also be required to acknowledge that she or he has read and accepts the Driver Agreement to Terms, Conditions, Rules and Regulations.
c. Failure to sign and return these documents to Risk Management on a timely basis may result in loss of authorization to drive on behalf of the College.
d. In order to be reinstated, the driver must repeat the authorization process in its entirety.
2. As long as the driver maintains a valid US driver’s license and remain accident and moving violation-free, there will be nothing additional to do.