Graduate Student Council
The Graduate Student Council (GSC) is the eyes, ears, and voice of the graduate student body.
The council is comprised of MBA students across all programs and acts as a liaison between students, faculty, and the administration.
There are several goals of the GSC as outlined in the GSC Constitution:
- Enhance the prestige of the F.W. OlinGraduate School of Business.
- Provide an atmosphere conducive to GSC fellowship and promote interaction between members of the graduate student body, the academic community, and the professional community.
- Support the graduate student educational experience.
- Foster an atmosphere of camaraderie, understanding, support and goodwill at Babson.
These goals are accomplished through a variety of GSC-sponsored events and consistent solicitation and implementation of student feedback. The GSC also helps coordinate the 35-plus different student-run organizations (more information on these organizations can be found at Life@Babson).
The majority of GSC members for the following academic year are elected in the spring, however, to ensure participation and representation across all MBA programs, the following positions are held open and elected at alternate times:
- VP for One-Year MBA Program (2 positions)—August
- VP for Fast Track MBA Program (1 position)—August
- Director of Marketing (1 position)—October
- VP for First-year students in the Two Year MBA Program (1 position)—October
Members of the GSC are expected to carry out their responsibilities as outlined in the constitution.
2013–2014 GSC Members
Executive Vice President
Marketing + Communication
Hilda Rodriguez Paez
Student Health & Wellness