Policies and Handbooks
The Glavin Office of Multicultural & International Education has approved a set of guidelines and policies to assist and support the Electives Abroad & International Consulting Experience programs.
Glavin Office Guidelines and Policies
Personal Conduct and Academic Integrity
While participating in a Babson Elective Abroad and/or International Consulting Experience students are required to:
- Attend and/or complete all faculty-led, pre-departure academic sessions and all Glavin Office pre-departure orientation sessions (UG: In Class, GRAD: Online)
- Complete and submit all online forms, information, and payments as requested by the Glavin Office
- Observe and obey laws of host country and all academic/disciplinary regulations in effect at host institution
- Understand and follow Babson’s Policy on Student Conduct (pdf)
- Attend all lectures, company visits, and scheduled events
- Be prepared to participate actively in discussions and activities
- Complete the Registrar’s Office and Glavin Office’s course evaluations
- Attend any post travel academic sessions (this session may take place while abroad)
- Complete all course deliverables as directed by the course faculty and syllabus
NOTE: Sanctions due to absence from or noncompliance with any of the above listed activities are at the discretion of the lead faculty.
Babson Travel and Return Policy
A copy of the Babson Travel and Return Policy can be found on Babson’s Risk Managementce’s website Office's website.
The Elective Abroad and International Consulting Experience financial policies can be found on the Financing Your Education Abroad page.
- The Glavin Office of Multicultural & International Education reserves space on the program for the participant upon receipt of the nonrefundable acceptance deposit. Once participation is confirmed, the College will make commitments to third parties and expend funds on behalf of the participant. In the event of a participant’s withdrawal prior to the rolling application deadline, the program manager will offer the open spot to another applicant. If it is possible to replace the withdrawn student, Babson will refund the deposit. In all other instances, Babson will make reasonable efforts to recoup the program costs expended on the participant’s behalf. However, there is no guarantee that all or any of the program costs can be recouped or will be refunded.
- The participant will be responsible for all nonrecoverable contractual financial obligations incurred by the College on their behalf.
- In the case of a bona fide medical emergency that precludes participation in the program (as evidenced by a physician’s note), Babson will make reasonable efforts to recoup the program costs expended on the participant’s behalf. However, there is no guarantee that all or any of the program costs can be recouped or will be refunded. Babson shall not be liable if it is unable to recoup or refund program costs, in whole or in part, and Babson may deduct any expenses or fees it incurs in doing so.
- In the event that Babson cancels the program before it commences or after it has started, refund of program costs (including airfare) is limited by nonrecoverable contractual obligations. There is no guarantee that all or any of the program costs can be recouped or will be refunded. Babson shall not be liable if it is unable to recoup or refund program costs, in whole or in part, and that Babson may deduct any expenses or fees it incurs in doing so.
How to Submit a Cancellation Request
Participants who wish to cancel must provide written notification of their intention to withdraw via their Babson College email account to the Glavin Office of Multicultural & International Education.
Email must include:
- The reasons for their withdrawal from the program
- Confirmation that email notification has been sent to the faculty
Notification should be sent to:
- Elective Abroad program manager (see program brochure for program manager)
- Subject: (Program Name) Cancellation
Cancellation is effective as of the date the email is sent.
General Babson Policies and Handbooks
Program and Course Specific Handbooks
- Undergraduate International Consulting Experience Handbook
- Graduate International Consulting Experience Handbook