International Student and Scholar Services
ISSS Mission Statement
As a central resource for international students and scholars, we: advise individuals and the institution on F & J immigration regulations; provide support during the U.S. academic, social, and cultural adjustment process; and facilitate intercultural learning across campus.
We focus on:
- Immigration: Guidance on the visa process and F student/J exchange visitor immigration regulations
- Employment: Securing required authorization for on-campus and off-campus work/internships
- Living in U.S.: Assist with Social Security number, driver’s license, taxes and resources for families
- Cultural Adjustment: Transition to social and academic life at Babson and in the U.S.
- Cross-Cultural Skills: Educational programs to help students (and staff) bridge differences and develop a global mindset
Consult with an ISSS advisor during the following times:
Walk-In Advising (no appointment needed)
Glavin Office, Hollister 220:
Mondays/Wednesdays: 1:30–3:30 p.m.
Tuesdays/Thursdays: 10 a.m.–Noon and 1:30–3:30 p.m.
Olin Hall Cafe (with graduate CCD; no document pick up):
Wednesdays: 12:30–1:30 p.m.
Schedule a 30-minute appointment with an advisor at least one day in advance.
Contact ISSS for all immigration-related questions.