Recommended Ages 8-17
Drop-off: 8:30–8:45 a.m.
Pick-up: 3:30–3:45 p.m.
REGISTRATION FOR 2017 NOW OPEN
The Girls Lacrosse Camp features two levels to allow players of all ages and skill level to develop and learn in a competitive and fun environment.
Junior Camp: Grades 3-8
Our Junior Camp will emphasize the fundamental skills needed to become a better lacrosse player. With an emphasis on stick skills and basic offensive and defensive concepts, players will be exposed to all aspects of the game and encouraged to try every position. Players will learn in age and skill appropriate groups to ensure that everyone is learning something new and challenged appropriately.
- Improve basic and fundamental skills: throwing, catching, cradling, and shooting
- Gain knowledge in offense and defense areas, team tactics, and field vision
- Build self-confidence and maintain a positive attitude, ensure that every camper leaves with a better knowledge and enjoyment of the game
Senior Camp: Grades 9-12
Our Senior Camp will emphasize fundamental skills while challenging players to take their game to the next level. Advanced-level offensive and defensive concepts will be covered along with challenging stick skills and game strategies. Players will be exposed to the skills along with the tactical thinking necessary to become better lacrosse players and be challenged to elevate their game.
- Develop advanced-level skills and techniques in stick work, shooting, and dodging
- Enhance knowledge of individual and team-orientated offensive and defensive strategies
- Leave camp with a desire to continue their growth as a competitive lacrosse player and a better understanding of what play is like at the next level
Our dedicated staff from many collegiate programs ensures each camper’s growth and knowledge of lacrosse. Special emphasis is placed on increasing each camper’s understanding of the game and challenging them to become better all-around lacrosse players.
Specialized Goalkeeping Instruction
Individual goalkeeping sessions will be available from our experienced staff, covering technical skills as well as key stick work and footwork necessary for developing goalkeepers. If you are attending camp as a goalie, please check the appropriate space on the application.
Campers must bring their stick, mouth guard, goggles, cleats, and sneakers for potential indoor and/or turf play. Goalies must bring a complete set of goalie equipment.
Michelle Smith, Camp Director
Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach, Babson College
Michelle Smith begins her sixth year as head coach of the Babson Women’s Lacrosse Team and director of the Babson Girls Lacrosse Camp. Prior to her arrival at Babson, Smith was an assistant at her alma mater, Trinity College, and has been highly involved with numerous lacrosse camps and club teams throughout the Northeast and co-directs two other camps in the region.