The Undergraduate Center for Career Development (CCD) staff is available to meet with students for individual career advising appointments or 5 - 10 minute consultations (e.g. drop-in hours). CCD also offers career assessment services to assist students in the career decision making process.
- Individual Appointments
- Drop-Ins Mock
- Career Assessment Services
Individual career advising appointments are available for students at all stages of the career planning process. A career advisor will help you:
- Create a personalized job search plan
- Identify possible career paths
- Review your resume and cover letter
- Prepare for first or second round interviews
- Facilitate a mock interview
- Direct you to internship or job resources
- Evaluate internship or job offers
- Complete graduate school applications
To schedule an appointment, please call 781-239-4215.
Drop-ins are available for students with quick career-related questions or resume/cover letter critiques. During drop-in hours students meet with a career advisor for a 5-10 minute consultation. The drop-in schedule is posted below and on the CCD home page.
Monday & Wednesday: 10a.m. - 1 p.m.
Tuesday & Thursday: 1-4 p.m.
If you need to speak with a career advisor for a longer period of time, please call 781-239-4215 to schedule an individual appointment.
A mock or practice interview is one of the best ways to prepare for an actual employment interview. It is a great way to polish your communication and interviewing skills and to gain experience answering difficult questions.
Students who wish to schedule a mock interview with a career advisor are encouraged to contact CCD as soon as possible to schedule in advance. Mock interviews with career advisors are scheduled as a one-hour appointment. A career advisor will ask questions for approximately 20-30 minutes and spend the remainder of the time discussing and critiquing the interview. Questions are designed to reflect the types of questions you may be asked during an interview. Please arrive on time and bring a copy of your resume.
Career Assessment Inventories
CCD also offers the following career assessment tool to assist students in the career decision making process.
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI): This inventory provides insights about preferences which may inform career choices. The MBTI can help you identify your particular strengths and personal preferences. This increased self-awareness can aid you in choosing a career path which best suits your strengths and preferences.
For additional information about the MBTI and other career assessment tools, please call 781-239-4215.