The keys to a successful interview are preparation and practice.
Knowing what employers are looking for and what to expect during the interview process will help you prepare and ace your next interview.
The 3 Step Interview Process:
- Prepare! Don’t go into an interview without doing your research and getting all the practice in you can.
- Interview. Interviewing may seem straight forward, but there are little details you should know that can make all the difference.
- Follow up! This is the most missed opportunity to put yourself on top of the candidate pile.
What Employers Seek in an Interview
Employers will evaluate you on four key areas. It is important to keep these in mind as you move through the interview process.
- Are you capable?
- Do you possess the skills to successfully perform the job?
- Do you present a professional demeanor and would they want you representing their organization?
- Are you a team player and do you relate well to the staff?
- Do you wholeheartedly want the job?