The Office of Student Activities and Leadership is here to offer support for you and your student organization in the event planning process.
Read below to understand steps that need to be completed for your event to be approved.
1. The Event Registration Form is used to register all student club/organization initiated functions, as well as a tool for you to utilize when planning your event. Clubs and organizations access the Event Registration Form through their organization’s pages on Life@Babson. Once logged-in and on your organization’s page, click the “Events” button on the side menu, then “Create Event” on the top of the page.
2. Once completed, the Coordinator of Student Activities and Leadership will review your event submission for approval. Event registrations must be submitted at least 10 business days prior to the event or 3 weeks prior if a performer/service contract is required. Please note that contracts may not be entered into without approval and can only be signed by the Director of Student Activities and Leadership.
3. Once approved, the student who submitted the event registration will receive an e-mail from Life@Babson notifying them of the approval. Any room or on-campus space that was requested for your event is not confirmed until the event has been approved. The space is on “hold” pending approval.
To submit scheduling requests online through portal:
• Log into portal and click on “Room Reservations”
• If prompted for a username and password, please use your Babson network log in
• Use the navigation at the left-hand side to view rooms, schedules and submit a room request
• When filling out the request form, please make sure that all required fields are completed
• Please remember that this is a request for a room. You will receive an email indicating whether the request has been approved.
• When selecting the time(s) for your request, please include set-up and breakdown time.
Once the room is reserved, please make note of the reservation confirmation number, this information will be helpful the day of the event if a problem should occur.
Create Your Space:
Want to promote your upcoming club/org event? Need a space to study with classmates during midterms or finals? Just want to hang out with some of your friends? The Create Your Space room is what you make of it, so dream big and program often. The space is available to reserve Friday to Friday, for one week at a time. Click here to request the Create Your Space or other locations on campus to host your meetings and events.