You can use the Babson Portal to complete many account management tasks.
- View your student account online
- View your financial aid application status online
- View your financial aid awards online
Submit payment online by going to your portal and clicking on ePay in the Student Financial Services window.
- Complete the required enrollment (or waiver) of health insurance form. Click the University Health Plan link in the left-hand toolbox.
- Request a refund
- Set up an eProxy online − With eProxy, you can give a parent or guardian access to view your bill online. To set up an eProxy, enter the name and email address of any person you wish to designate as an eProxy. The person you designate as your eProxy will receive an email with the address and password to view your account online. You can terminate an eProxy's access at any time by deleting the email address from your eProxy list.
You can make a payment in these ways: By Mail, By Phone, ePay, In Person, Monthly Payment Plan, Third-party payments, and through a Wire Transfer.
Avoiding late payment penalties
Students who have not settled their accounts by the semester payment due date will be charged a $200 late fee, denied course registration and add/drop privileges, and may be withdrawn from courses and lose college housing for the period of the housing contract. While Babson recognizes that many students receive financial aid or monetary assistance from third parties, the ultimate responsibility for satisfying all financial obligations rests with the student.
Changing your meal plan
You may change your meal plan online through the end of the add/drop period through your student portal. After the end of the add/drop period, you may increase your meal plan online through portal. No decreases are accepted after the end of the add/drop period.
Requesting a refund
A credit balance (which will appear on your student account in parentheses, as a negative number) means you have excess funds on your account. You can leave these funds on your account for the next semester, or request to have them refunded to you or another party. Refund requests are processed by SFS after the add/drop period has ended, and after financial aid and loan funds have been disbursed onto your account. Requests received before noon on Tuesday will be available after 2pm on Thursday.
Requesting a book voucher
If you have financial aid or loans that exceed billed charges at Babson, you may request a voucher to purchase your course materials for the semester. Please request a book voucher in person at SFS.
Setting up a payment plan
If it would work better for you to spread the payments out over a number of months rather than making a single lump sum payment each semester, go to www.afford.com/babson to set up a payment plan. We offer annual 10-month and 8-month plans, and lots of families find that a payment plan makes budgeting easier.
Combining a payment plan and loan option
For your planning purposes, Babson offers BorrowSmart®, a tool that shows how you can minimize education debt by combining a monthly payment plan with the loan of your choice. You will input the amount that you feel you can reasonably afford each month, and the system will present options based on Babson’s list of recommended loans and lenders. Go to BorrowSmart at Tuition Management Systems (TMS).