77 BABSON BUSINESSES COMPETE FOR MORE THAN $30,000 IN STARTUP ROUNDS ENTREPRENEURSHIP CONTEST
Startup Rounds is open to any company founded by Babson undergraduates, graduate students or alumni with less than $1 million in earned revenues.
BEC Co-President Paul Hammond sees Startup Rounds as a fun way to showcase the depth and breadth of Babson’s entrepreneurial enterprises, while offering startup founders the opportunity to:
- Gain exposure
- Establish credibility
- Prove a concept
- Refine a pitch
- Find customers
- Raise a seed round
“This is a great way for Babson startups to show off their stuff and gain traction,” said Hammond.
- The contest consists of four 7-day rounds.
- Within each round, startups must demonstrate the strengths of their business idea and network by gaining support via social media to improve their standing on the leaderboard. Anybody with a Facebook account can vote for up to three startups per round.
- After each round, a startup’s score resets along with their position on the leaderboard.
- Each round will have a cutline. For example, if there are 50 startups, 10 will be eliminated in each round.
- The top 10 startups will be invited to pitch to an expert judge panel followed by an awards ceremony on Feb. 27, 2014 at The Microsoft New England Research & Development (NERD) Center.
- Over $30,000 in prizes will be awarded, including $20,000 in cash and $10,000 in legal resources (Pepper Hamilton and Pierce Atwood); real-estate consultation (VP of Colliers International, Boston); BostInno press and MassChallenge opportunities; and meetings with Rough Draft Ventures, offering the opportunity to raise up to $25,000.
|Be Limitless||HealthyHive.com||Recesspreneurs, Inc.|
|Botron Software||House Bear Brewing||Sentio|
|Break Room||Hughes RiskApps||Snapparent|
|Con-necta Social Community||i4class||Sol Power LLC|
|CONTAP||India in a Box||SpinRiot|
|Darrow’s||Joe Cut By Joe Grooming||The Chicken and Rice Guys|
|DashaBella||Jossle, LLC||Transit Lounge|
|DataCrowd||Legacy Software, Ltd.||TravelMed|
|designpad||Lis’n Up Clothing||TravelmeLocal|
|Elevation||Lucky Shoe Magnets||Triangle Coffee Co.|
|FedWell Pet Foods||Mapvista||TrintMe|
|Functional Foods||NoProb Software||UtiSave|
|Game Day: Skincare for Active Men||Octavia’s Organics||Vdesign|
|Go Profile Green||OnHand||Vocational Exposure|
|GoBag||Parlor Skis||WineKick: the wine sidekick|
|Grandma Lena’s||PayPay Africa Inc.||Zoos Greek Iced Teas|
About Babson College
Babson College is the educator, convener, and thought leader for Entrepreneurship of All Kinds™. The College is a dynamic living and learning laboratory, where students, faculty, and staff work together to address the real-world problems of business and society -- while at the same time evolving our methods and advancing our programs. We shape the leaders our world needs most: those with strong functional knowledge and the skills and vision to navigate change, accommodate ambiguity, surmount complexity, and motivate teams in a common purpose to create economic and social value. As we have for nearly a half-century, Babson continues to advance Entrepreneurial Thought and Action® as the most positive force on the planet for generating sustainable economic and social value.