BABSON’S E-TOWER TO HOST YOUNG ENTREPRENEUR CONFERENCE ON SEPTEMBER 25
The E-Tower, a Babson residence group empowering and housing an abundance of the institution’s entrepreneurial spirit, will convene current and former students with a handful of distinguished alumni founders and local entrepreneurs for the Young Entrepreneur Conference on September 25, 2015. The conference will take place during Babson’s Reunion and Homecoming Weekend, allowing any and all interested alumni to attend and re-connect with E-Tower participants.
Attendees will hear from some of the most successful young entrepreneurs on how to launch and grow a business, including keynote speaker, Paul Liberman, Chief Operating Officer and Co-Founder of DraftKings. This renowned Daily Fantasy Sports (DSF) destination is powered by Liberman’s leadership in data strategy, computer engineering, and technology, as well as his personal affinity for fantasy sports. This has become the fastest-growing company in the industry since its launch in 2012.
Budding entrepreneurs will also have the opportunity to pitch their startup during a session hosted by Pitch to Start, which boasts a different approach to the typical startup pitch event. With Pitch to Start’s streamlined approach, they will be able to collect real-time feedback from the audience via mobile application, including Boston-area investors who will be in attendance, while expert judges evaluate the presentation, the idea, the development of the idea, and an investor’s viewpoint.
Where: Park Manor West Auditorium, Babson College
When: Friday, September 25, 2015
9 a.m.–6 p.m.
More speakers and surprises to come!
Register to attend »
- Running a startup in college
- Raising angel and venture capital money
- Disrupting a traditional industry
- Paul Liberman, Founder, DraftKings
- Brittany Lo ’14, Founder, Beautini by B.Lo
- Chris Jacobs ‘10, CEO, Honest Discounts, Partner, Glic Ventures
- Diana Yuan ‘15, Co-Founder and COO, indico
- Dinesh Wadhwani ‘12, President and CEO, Thinklite
- Fan Bi, CEO, Blank Label
- Gautam Gupta ‘07, Co-Founder and CEO, NatureBox
- John Goscha ‘06, Co-Founder, IdeaPaint, Co-Founder and CEO, Finally Light Bulb Company
- Mike Mandel ‘05, Co-Founder and CEO, Compstak
- Polina Raygorodskaya ‘08, Co-Founder and CEO, Wanderu
- Slater Victoroff, CEO, indico
- Galen Moore, Editor in Chief, BostInno
- Sarah Sherburne, Evening MBA student, Program Manager, TechGen at New England Venture Capital Association
- Tyler Saldutti ’06, Founder and CEO, Prime Realty
About the E-Tower at Babson College
The E-Tower was founded in 2001 by Andrew Foley ’03, a founding member of IdeaPaint. His mission was to bring together the best student entrepreneurs into one living community at Babson College. Babson is renowned as the No. 1 undergraduate school for entrepreneurship, and through its development, the E-Tower has become a highly-valued space on campus. Special guests and unique events attract students from all over to the E-Tower lounge. Many residents have started companies that have raised millions in sales and have been featured in Bloomberg Businessweek, TechCrunch, and other notable news sources.
About Babson College
Babson College is the educator, convener, and thought leader for Entrepreneurship of All Kinds ®. The top-rankedcollege for entrepreneurship education, Babson is a dynamic living and learning laboratory where students, faculty, and staff work together to address the real-world problems of business and society. We prepare the entrepreneurial leaders our world needs most: those with strong functional knowledge and the skills and vision to navigate change, accommodate ambiguity, surmount complexity, and motivate teams in a common purpose to make a difference in the world, and have an impact on organizations of all sizes and types. As we have for nearly a half-century, Babson continues to advance Entrepreneurial Thought and Action ® as the most positive force on the planet for generating sustainable economic and social value