BABSON FORUM ON ENTREPRENEURSHIP AND INNOVATION TAKES PLACE SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 13TH, 2010
The 9th annual Babson Forum on Entrepreneurship & Innovation (BFEI) will take place on Saturday, November 13th, 2010 at Babson College.
BFEI is the largest student-run entrepreneurship-focused event at he F.W. Olin School of Business at Babson College. BFEI’s goal is to raise awareness of key opportunities and challenges facing entrepreneurs in an increasingly complex and global business world. During the full day conference 600 students and Boston professionals will gather to hear 4 inspiring keynotes and 30 impressive speakers. Given its reputation and popularity, this event sells out every year.
The 2010 Forum, Move Your Ideas Forward, includes expert panels on topics including:
- New Rules of Marketing
- Regional Advantage: Fostering Entrepreneurship in New England
- 30 Under 30 Hot Young Entrepreneurs
- Trends in Entrepreneurial Funding
- Intrapreneurship: Creativity and Innovation in Corporations
- Entrepreneurial Wisdom
- Creating Social and Economic Value
- Tech Clusters: High Tech, Bio-Tech, and Clean-Tech
Featured speakers include:
- Marshall N. Carter, Chairman, New York Stock Exchange Group
- Ben Fischman, CEO, Retail Convergence Inc., Rue La La & SmartBargains.com) & Founder, Lids Corporation
- Mei Xu, Co-Founder and President, Chesapeake Bay Candle Creator and CEO, Blissliving Home
- Colin Raney, Head of Business Design, IDEO
- Leonard Schlesinger, President, Babson College
- Roger Berkowitz, President & CEO, Legal Sea Foods
- Michael Gaiss, Senior Vice President, Highland Capital Partners
- Brian Halligan, CEO & Founder, Hubspot
- Eric Graham, Director, TechBridge at Fraunhofer - Center for Sustainable Energy Systems
- Laura Fitton, CEO & Founder, oneforty.com
- Johnny Earle, CEO/Owner/Founder, Johnny Cupcakes, Inc.
- Kerry Healey, Former Lt. Governor and Host of NESN’s “Shining City”
- John Harthorne, Founder & CEO, MassChallenge
- Charlie Fisher, Connect & Develop Manager, P&G FutureWorks
- John Littlechild, General Partner, HealthCare Ventures
- Chris Greendale, Chairman & CEO, Cloud Technology Partners
- Christopher Mirabile, Managing Director, Racepoint Capital Group, LLC
- Joanna Meiseles, Founder, Snip-its
- Brian Cusack, Head of Display, Retail at Google
- Donna Fenn, Contributing Editor, Inc Magazine and Author, Upstarts
- Josh Biber, Executive Director of the Greater Boston Region, Teach for America
- Matt Graham, President, BRND MGMT
- Josh Zoia, Executive Director, KIPP Academy Lynn
- Kevin Mulvaney, Senior Lecturer, Babson College
- Cheryl Kiser, Managing Director, The Lewis Initiative at Babson College
- Sean Dalton, General Partner, Highland Capital Partners
- Matt Lauzon, Founder & President, Gemvara
- Bob Caspe, Adjunct Professor - Marketing, Babson College
- Jeanne Hulit, New England Regional Administrator, SBA
- Keith Wilcox, Professor - Marketing, Babson College
- Jay Rao, Professor – Entrepreneurship, Babson College
- Brett Julian, Executive Director, Village Forward
- Steve Gold, Senior Partner for Entrepreneurship, Olin Engineering
The Babson Forum concludes with The Babson Next Big Idea Competition and Networking Reception with speakers, panelists, venture capitalists, and private equity professionals. The Babson Next Big Idea Competition awards cash prizes and showcases the best idea-seeking, opportunity-obsessed entrepreneurs—and transforms those ideas into reality. We invite you to take the challenge and be a part of this opportunity of a lifetime!
Entrants must submit their idea by creating a two-minute video through YouTube between October 19 and November 5, 2010.
To register and for more information and a complete schedule of the day’s impressive roster of activities, go to the Babson Forum website: http://www.babsonforum.com and contact Alexa Brandt, 310.770.8736. This event is truly one not to be missed.
U.S. News & World Report magazine has ranked Babson’s MBA program No. 1 in Entrepreneurship Education for 17 consecutive years.