BABSON TO HOST ENERGY AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONFERENCE ON APRIL 9
The conference will provoke necessary discussions about how to leverage entrepreneurship to solve complex energy and environmental issues. Participants will also be presented with a unique networking opportunity as they personally connect with experts during the event’s ‘Feed Your Brain’ luncheon. Together, they will share insight on industry topics, including venture capital and entrepreneurship, sustainable agriculture, transportation, corporate social responsibility (CSR) and, clean technology.
Thursday, April 9, 2015
8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Company Expo and Closing Network Reception to follow from 3:00 – 6:00 p.m.
19 Babson College Drive
Wellesley, MA 02482
Register for the Energy and Environmental Conference »
Amory Lovins, Chairman, Chief Scientist, and Chairman Emeritus of the Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI)
George Bachrach, President of the Environmental League of Massachusetts
- The Future of Energy Demand Side Innovation - with Micah Remly, VP of Product Strategy and Tech at EnerNoc; Austin Whitman, Director of Regulatory Affairs and Market Development at FirstFuel Software; and Jonathan Poor, Director of Strategy at National Grid
- The Nature of Business - with Vince Siciliano, President and CEO of New Resource Bank; and Chris Garvin, a leader in the sustainable design community from Terrapin Bright Green
- Feed Your Brain – Lunch with Experts at your Table
- Entrepreneurs Detoxifying the Environment - with Julia Brody PhD, Senior Scientist and Executive Director at Silent Spring Institute; and Ava Anderson ’16, Founder of Ava Anderson Non-Toxic and current Babson College Undergraduate student
- Alternative Transportation - with Bryan Wilson, CEO of OLEV Technologies; Nicole Freedman, Director of Bicycle Programs for the City of Boston; and Rishi Shah, VP of Business Development for U-Go Stations
About Babson Energy and Environmental Club (BEEC)
The Babson Energy and Environmental Club is a group of active students committed to entrepreneurship, sustainable initiatives, and education about all things green. Its largest annual event is the Babson Energy and Environmental Conference, highlighting Babson's commitment to social, environmental, and economic responsibility and sustainability (SEERS). For the past eight years the conference has brought together thinkers and leaders on the cutting edge of green business and awareness.
About Babson College
Babson College is the educator, convener, and thought leader for Entrepreneurship of All Kinds®. The College is a dynamic living and learning laboratory, where students, faculty, and staff work together to address the real-world problems of business and society—while at the same time evolving our methods and advancing our programs. We shape the leaders our world needs most: those with strong functional knowledge and the skills and vision to navigate change, accommodate ambiguity, surmount complexity, and motivate teams in a common purpose to create economic and social value. As we have for nearly a half-century, Babson continues to advance Entrepreneurial Thought and Action® as the most positive force on the planet for generating sustainable economic and social value.