BABSON COLLEGE HOSTS ANNUAL MBA PRODUCT DESIGN FAIR DECEMBER 4
Babson College, the top-ranked entrepreneurship school, will host the annual Babson MBA Product Design Fair on Tuesday, December 4, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. in the Needham-Wellesley Room, Olin Hall.
During this event eight graduate student teams will explain and showcase their new product concepts. The teams developed the designs during the graduate single-semester Product Design and Development course. The course takes students through the entire process of product development from customer needs analysis through design research to product concept development and refinement and engineering to prototype construction.
This year’s project sponsors include Portico, Vedavoo, New England Burials at Sea, and Essential Design; neighboring Olin College of Engineering provided prototyping support and engineering advice.
New products and solutions include:
• A starter kit for cleaning and re-using beer bottles in the home beer brewing process
• Green urns: A biodegradable urn for cremation ceremonies on the ocean
• A women's shoe featuring a collapsible heel with different heights adjustable at user’s discretion
• Snuff/ShushPups: An Innovative Dog Toy designed for the dog, built for the owner
• An innovative containing and dispensing mechanism for shower liquids (soap, shampoo, conditioner)
• An easy to access, wear and fashionable mobile power source
• An affordable, convenient and dignified device that helps people with lack of vision read better
• A sleek and good looking waist pack for outdoor enthusiasts that allows carrying necessary items in a way that they are easily accessible.
For more on the Product Design Fairs visit Babson Professor Sebastian Fixson’s website http://innovationbydesign.org/graduate.htm.
About Babson College
Babson College in Wellesley, Mass., is recognized internationally as a leader in entrepreneurial management education. Babson grants BS degrees through its innovative undergraduate program, and grants MBA and custom MS and MBA degrees through the F.W. Olin Graduate School of Business at Babson College. Babson Executive Education offers executive development programs to experienced managers worldwide. For information, visit www.babson.edu.