BABSON TO HOST 2ND ANNUAL BABSON CONNECT: WORLDWIDE IN DUBAI
Babson College, the No. 1 ranked college for the study of entrepreneurship according to the Financial Times, U.S. News & World Report, and Entrepreneur magazine, is set to host its annual Babson Connect: Worldwide, a signature event for all Babson alumni, parents, and friends, March 4-6, 2016.
This unprecedented opportunity for the global Babson community to gather and celebrate Entrepreneurship of All Kinds® will take place in the international hub of entrepreneurial action that is Dubai.
Attendees at this esteemed global business summit will include Babson alumni, parents, and friends; and prominent entrepreneurs and business leaders from the Middle East.
Dubai is the perfect city to host Babson’s annual, global celebration given the College’s rooted connections with that part of the world:
- The region is home to over 341 alumni,
- UAE is home to one of the largest concentration of Babson graduates in the Middle East,
- Fifty-five current students are from the Middle East (14 Graduate, 41 Undergraduate),
- The Babson Middle East Alumni Club (BMAC) includes Alumni from 16 different countries throughout the Middle East, and
- Sixty-six parents of Babson students reside in the UAE.
“Join us as we celebrate the impact of entrepreneurship in Dubai, the economic engine of the Middle East and one of the world’s most dynamic, innovative, and business-friendly cities,” said Babson College President Kerry Healey.
Babson Connect: Worldwide Dubai
- A diverse program, including educational and cultural forums and presentations, as well as social events that feature the best of the region’s cuisine and entertainment.
- Engaging keynote speakers and panels discussing emerging trends in youth entrepreneurship, family business, global investing, social enterprise, entrepreneurship in the MENA region, new media entrepreneurship, women entrepreneurs, youth employment and entrepreneurship, sustainable business, corporate responsibility, and practicing entrepreneurship through design thinking.
- A special panel focusing on family entrepreneurship, and interviews with leading entrepreneurs from the region.
- A networking lunch with table topics focusing on environment, globalization, and urbanization, technology, convergence economy, women entrepreneurs, and youth unemployment.
- Opportunities for attendees to network with Babson faculty, fellow alumni, and parents, as well as prominent members of the global business community.
- The newest inductee into the Academy of Distinguished Entrepreneurs® - H.H. Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum, Chairman of Emirates Airlines.
- The 2016 Lewis Institute Community Changemaker Award winner honored - Shainoor Khoja, Managing Director of Better Business Enterprise Ltd.
- Mark Stoleson, CEO of Legatum
Industry and Business Speakers
- Fadi Ghandour, Founder of Aramex
- Dr. Iqbal Surve, Founder and Chairman of the Sekunjalo Group
- H.E. Noura Al Kaabi, CEO of twofour54
- H.E. Abdullah Al Darmaki, CEO of Khalifa Fund
- Ramez Mohamed, CEO of Flat6Labs
- Fahd Al Rasheed, Group CEO of KAEC
- Ruba Al Hassan, Senior Advisor to the UAE Ambassador to the USA
- Ola Doudin, Co-Founder of BitOasis
- Elyas Felfoul, Head of Administration of the World Innovation Summit for Education (WISE)
- Karim Khoja, CEO of Rosha
Faculty, Alumni, and Parent Speakers
- Professor Heidi Neck
- Professor Bob Turner
- Vice Provost of Global Entrepreneurial Leadership Candy Brush
- Professor Richard Bliss
- Professor Matthew Allen
- Sonia Husain ’04
- Alex Thomson ’06
- Christopher Queitsch ‘09
- Aya Sadder ‘13
- Radhika Gulati '14
- Jean-Pierre S. Mondalek ‘03
- Alexander Thomson-Payan '06
- Said Darwazah P’15
- Khaled Bichara P'15
- Pimjai Laochinda P’13
- Muwaffak and Rana Bibi P’18
- Vishal and Pooja Chhabria P’19
- Lupo M. del Bono ’79, P’09, Overseer, Global Advisory Board
- Said Darwazah and Mariana Melhem P’15
- Harish Fabiani P’17, Board of Trustees
- Sunil Goyal P’13 ’16 ’19, Global Advisory Board
- Muhammad Habib ’81, P’09, Global Advisory Board
- Vivek Jain M’83, P’07, Global Advisory Board
- Ettore V. Biagioni '80, Trustee and Global Advisory Board Co-Chair
- Manish Kumar P’18, Global Advisory Board
- Manoj Narender Madnani ’91, Board of Trustees, Global Advisory Board
- Umer Mansha ’95, Global Advisory Board
- Rupprecht Queitsch P’09
- Christian Tabet and Lara Farha P’18 ’19
- Ozcan Tahincioglu ‘94
- Philip Vassiliou ‘99
- Farhana Vohra P’17
- Mohammed Alafaleg M’15
- Budoor Ashadawi M’10
- Hamza Habib ’09
- Girish Hiranandani ’93, Former President, Dubai Alumni Club
- Sonia Husain ’04, President, Dubai Alumni Club
- Mukund Menda ‘05
- Alvaro Pena ’96
- Aya Sadder ’13
- Mark Vandemore ’07
According to the Global Entrepreneurship Monitor (GEM), the region is home to a wide variety of entrepreneurial thinking.
About Babson College
Babson College is the educator, convener, and thought leader for Entrepreneurship of All Kinds®. The top-ranked college for entrepreneurship education, Babson is a dynamic living and learning laboratory where students, faculty, and staff work together to address the real-world problems of business and society. We prepare the entrepreneurial leaders our world needs most: those with strong functional knowledge and the skills and vision to navigate change, accommodate ambiguity, surmount complexity, and motivate teams in a common purpose to make a difference in the world, and have an impact on organizations of all sizes and types. As we have for nearly a half-century, Babson continues to advance Entrepreneurial Thought and Action® as the most positive force on the planet for generating sustainable economic and social value.