BABSON STARTUPS SUPPORTED IN UNDERGRADUATE & MBA HATCHERIES
As part of the John E. and Alice L. Butler Venture Accelerator Program, the Hatcheries provide a vibrant atmosphere conducive to sharing ideas and information among student teams, faculty, executives-in-residence and visiting entrepreneurs.
The Hatcheries function like incubators where student entrepreneurs have access to professional and semiprivate workspace to grow their businesses. Student businesses go through an application process before they are selected. Teams are awarded space in the Hatcheries one term at a time.
In spring 2011, Boston-based office space became available to graduate students (supported by the Babson Graduate School), in addition to space on campus. The Boston-based office space is only available during the academic year. There is no cost to participate in the Hatcheries but all student businesses are invited to contribute a percentage of their equity position to Babson through our Founders Fund. This Fund was created by alumni as a "venture capital fund" used to support Babson's mission of providing entrepreneurial education.
Summer 2012 Hatchery Businesses Graduate Students
• Integrated Adventure Travel (Brandon Bell M'12) ─ is a "Pandora" for the active adventure traveler. International, small group, active, local-based on interests and experience. Get adventure travel recommendationsbased on available dates/budget, skills, and where friends have traveled.
• Farmer's Crate (Martin Angulo M'12 & Rafael Belloso M'12) - Farmer's Crate is a company that commercializes all natural products.
• OneKey Ventures (Ian Thiel M'12, Daniel Smicka M'12, Franco Capurro M'12, Shaun Divecha M'12 & Matthew Tolbirt M'12) - Removes market inefficiencies to drive global economic development. Identifies, qualifies, and connects investors with projects in Latin America in the areas of mining, energy, agribusiness, and infrastructure. Commodities brokerage compliments by ensuring the resource needs of global clients are met.
• Parkway Rides (Jared Bazzy M'12) - Community-based car share hub of upscale, antique, electric, and off-road vehicles, plus limousine and coach services, bicycles and scooters, trip planners, charging stations, and ride share in the Fresh Pond-Alewife corridor.
• TheUniversalHomeLoan.com (Feyzi Bagirov M'12) - An online mortgage processor TBC (Brett Rosequist M'12) - Providing consulting services to residential real estate industry.
• Jacox-Hilton Producer Consulting (Cam Jacox '13) - Jacox-Hilton Producer Consulting is a rapidly growing consulting firm that holds an impressive track record. Today, Jacox-Hilton provides a variety of specialized consulting services for life insurance brokers and agencies including thorough client book analysis and book valuation.
• Mycampushare.com (Celven He '13) Mycampushare.com is a Customer to Customer information sharing platform, which allows students to post their need or offer under four categories Textbook, Tutoring, Transportation and Dorm stuff.
• Next Steps (Jamie Berlin '12) - An online platform that will serve as an aggregate for medical services.
Babson College is the educator, convener, and thought leader for Entrepreneurship of All Kinds™. The College is a dynamic living and learning laboratory, where students, faculty, and staff work together to address the real-world problems of business and society -- while at the same time evolving our methods and advancing our programs. We shape the leaders our world needs most: those with strong functional knowledge and the skills and vision to navigate change, accommodate ambiguity, surmount complexity, and motivate teams in a common purpose to create economic and social value. As we have for nearly a half-century, Babson continues to advance Entrepreneurial Thought and Action® as the most positive force on the planet for generating sustainable economic and social value. For information, visit www.babson.edu.