The WIN Lab® Intensity Track offers MBA students the opportunity to gain course credit for the intensive women’s accelerator experience offered by the WIN Lab®.
What It Is
Throughout, women entrepreneurs will transform into CEOs through rigorous entrepreneurship coursework, applied experiences, mentoring, and milestone achievements designed to move early-stage ventures from prototype to successful launch and growth. This track experience combines an eight-month, 3-credit lab experience with a series of entrepreneurship electives and is comprised of a minimum of 9 credits, including the prerequisite EPS7500, the 3-credit WIN Lab, two-semester experience, and 3 credits of electives. Graduates of the WIN Lab Intensity Track will receive a special designation at Commencement. In its pilot year, the WIN Lab Intensity Track course will be a registered as an independent study.
What It Provides
A cohort of like-minded women entrepreneurs with the common goal to develop high-growth ventures.
The experience includes:
- Weekly three-hour sessions with faculty and practitioner advisors that will provide students with the technical expertise and skills needed to build market traction while exposing them to a wide range of entrepreneurship stakeholders including serial entrepreneurs, service providers, and investors.
- Each student is paired with a compatibility-matched coach who meets with them a minimum of twice a month throughout the duration of the program.
- A series of public events, often in collaboration with other ecosystem partners, provides access to strategic networks and opportunities that enable business launch and growth
- Private office hours where students meet with a wide range of experts who share experience-based insights
Requirements for Completion (at least 9 credits)
- Successful completion of the prerequisite class, EPS7500 New Venture Creation (3 credits)
- Successful completion of the eight-month, two-semester WIN LAB Intensity Track (3 credits)
- Successful completion of 3 credits of Entrepreneurship Electives
WIN Growth Lab 3-Credit Learning Experience
At the end of the WIN Lab experience, students will understand:
- Viable avenues of growth for their ventures. Students are required to create and execute a venture growth plan that includes a customer acquisition and funding strategy.
- The structure of an effective mentorship relationship and how to drive and manage the stakeholder process. Students are required to attend two coaching sessions a month with their compatibility-matched coach.
- The gendered elements of the startup ecosystem. Students reflect on how these factors impact their entrepreneurial experience.
To apply to the WIN Lab Intensity Track please visit thewinlab.org. Applications are due by May 31.
Please email Ashley Lucas, WIN Lab Boston Direct, with questions.