Networking by Industry
February 11th, 2019
Family Entrepreneurship Networking by Industry: Agribusiness/Food Group
3:30 - 5:00 pm | Design Zone 125, Olin Hall
Dave Volante '03, one of 3 siblings in the 4th genration owners of Volante Farms, a local farm founded by Dav's great great grandparents Peter and Caterina Volante in 1917. Learn how Dave transformed his family business from a small truck farm to an all-season farm that includes a modern farm stand, a 16,000-square feet, Dutch style green house, and 35 acres of farmland!
Registration will open soon. Please check back for more information.
February 13th, 2019
Family Entrepreneurship Networking by Industry: Finance Group
3:30 - 5:00 pm | Televideo Room, Blank Center
Jeff Browne is the Senior Vice President, Wealth Management Financial Advisor, and Portfolio Manager at Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Inc. Jeff joined Merrill Lynch full time in 2007. He focuses on identifying clients' wealth management needs, creating customized strategies, including asset allocations, to address those needs, and providing periodic portfolio reviews. Jeff prides himself on assisting clients in preserving and growing their wealth, as well as, guiding those clients in navigating the retirement process, so they can spend time doing what they enjoy most. Jeff currently holds his Series 7 and 66 FINRA registrations. Jeff has been named to Forbes/SHOOK "America's Top Next-Generation Wealth Advisors" in 2017 and 2018. Jeff was recently named to Forbes' Best-In-State Wealth Advisors list for 2019.
What is Networking by Industry?
An opportunity for students with an interest in family entrepreneurship to network with other students from the same industry across all undergrad and grad programs.
- learn more about your industry around the world
- find future partnerships
- create a valuable network for now and after you graduate
Why should I participate?
- We offer small group meetings by industry group where you will have the opportunity to learn from an industry professional while also building relationships with your fellow family business students in your industry
- We offer innovative larger networking events designed to help you find the industry groups you want to connect with. Click here to see a photo gallery from our prior fabulous networking events, which over 300 people attended. You can also download the bios of our industry moderators from each group: IFE Networking Event 2-26-2019 Moderator Bios (pdf)
Our current industry groups are:
- Manufacturing and Mining
- Agribusiness and Food
- Construction and Real Estate
- Retail, Hospitality and Restaurant
- Investments and Financial Services
- Chemical, Pharmaceutical and Health
- Technology and Media
- Wholesale, Transportation and Distribution
- Fashion/Luxury Goods/Design
Join our expanding network of family entrepreneurs!
Tell us more about your interest by completing this form and we'll connect you with the industry group you'd like to network with.