Driving Economic Growth Through Scale Up® Ecosystems with Daniel Isenberg
An Economic Development Workshop for Regional Public and Private Sector Leaders
Around the world, economic leaders need practical tools that will help them grow their economies, scale up existing businesses, and create jobs. Babson’s Driving Economic Growth Through Scale Up Ecosystems workshop provides economic leaders with practical tools and an action plan for aligning diverse stakeholders to stimulate economic growth.
Learn Essential Skills
- Gain the strategies you’ll need to lead your region’s scale up projects and drive economic development
- Create and implement a scale up ecosystem project to stimulate growth in your region in the short term over the next six months in this economic growth program
- Build a five-year road map that will take you from short-term economic growth to a self-sustaining ecosystem
Who Should Attend
- Regional public and private sector leaders and teams charged with driving economic growth
- Economic development professionals, public officials, agency and foundation heads, university administration, and civic-minded entrepreneurs and executives
- Participants come from around the world and usually hold titles such as executive director, director, director general, specialist, and CEO
What Will You Learn?
In this highly interactive eonomic growth workshop, expect to get hands on with the various components of economic growth. You will discuss case studies, participate in simulations, and work on team projects. Gain strategies for short-term economic growth, including:
- More than a dozen tools you can use to foster a Scale Up program in your region
- A series of self-assessments and comparisons with others that will give you unique insight on the strengths and weaknesses of your ecosystem
- A practical six-month action plan to drive economic growth in your region, incorporating personalized feedback from faculty and peers
- Insight into how ecosystems can be changed in order to be self-sustaining
- Effective communications programs you can apply to your Scale Up efforts
This program is led by Daniel Isenberg, professor of entrepreneurship practice at Babson College. Since 1981, Isenberg has taught at Harvard, Columbia, INSEAD, and the Technion. Daniel Isenberg has worked as an entrepreneur and venture capitalist in Israel, and has been an angel investor in more than 10 countries. Professor Daniel Isenberg is a frequent participant at the G20 World Economic Forum, and has published three dozen digital and print articles in the Harvard Business Review. In 2009, he established the Babson Entrepreneurship Ecosystem Platform (BEEP) to help societies around the world create the policies, structures, programs, and climate that foster entrepreneurship. In this capacity, BEEP has conducted projects in numerous countries, including Colombia, Brazil, Denmark, and the United States.
All Babson Executive Education programs are taught in English. To attend, we ask that you can speak, read, and write English to get the most out of our programs.
Registration deadline: Sunday, March 22, 2020
Cost includes program materials, accommodations, and meals at the award-winning Babson Executive Conference Center from 4 p.m. on Sunday through 12:30 p.m. on Wednesday. The program starts at 8:30 a.m. on Monday and ends at 3 p.m. on Wednesday. All participants receive a certificate of completion.
Each session has a limited number of participants to preserve the intimacy and collegiality of the experience. Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
For more information about payment, accommodations, travel, and discounts read our Babson Executive Education FAQ »
Groups of two,receive a 10% discount. Groups of three to five receive a 15% discount. Discounts for Babson alumni are available through the Second-Century Alumni Grant. Discounts also are available for groups and past participants in Babson Executive Education open enrollment programs. Please email Dayle Lipsky for more information on discounts.
Why Babson Executive Education?
Babson Executive Education works with organizations and professionals from around the world to turn ideas and challenges into opportunity. As the No. 1 school for entrepreneurship, Babson cultivates an entrepreneurial mindset that is behind many of the world’s most innovative businesses and leaders.
Our programs are about more than theory. They’re about action, and equipping you with the practical tools and strategies necessary to have an immediate impact on your organization or business.
Contact Dayle Lipsky or call +1-781-239-3915