How and when will I have access to the course materials?
- Course materials are provided via Canvas, Babson’s online learning portal. Materials will be made available to participants between 1 and 7 days prior to the first live virtual session, depending on the amount of pre-work that participants are expected to complete in advance.
Where can I find the schedule for the days and times of the online sessions?
- The schedule will also be sent to registered participants in the registration confirmation email (see link to the EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW document).
Do I need to join the virtual webinar sessions live? Will they be recorded?
- We highly recommend that participants join the live virtual sessions. It is an opportunity to ask questions, participate in rich discussion, and learn from the experience of your program peers. All sessions will be recorded and posted to Canvas within 24 hours.
What technology do you use for the virtual programs?
- Canvas – Course materials, the agenda, pre-work, assignments, faculty bios, etc. are posted here.
Video-conferencing Platform – We will use a virtual meeting application (like Webex or Zoom) that allows you to see and communicate with other participants simultaneously and in real time. Your instructor can share documents and interactive media, invite participants to share content, and engage with you in real-time participation. Links to sessions and more information will be provided on Canvas.
What do I need to participate? How do I prepare for the webinar?
- We recommend a computer/laptop with a webcam (built in or external camera) for optimal viewing, but you may also join from a tablet or cell phone
- Internet connection or cell hotspot
- Operating system: Windows: 7,8.1, or 10; Apple: OS 10.9 or higher
- Recommended browsers for optimal experience: Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari 8 and up (Microsoft Edge, Internet Explorer 8, 9, 10, and Safari 7 are not recommended.)
- Headset with microphone (Recommended but optional)
What happens if I have technical issues?
- Additional, detailed instructions will be provided on Canvas. Babson staff will be online and available to assist you, and will identify themselves during each virtual delivery. Contact the staff via the chat function for help, or email them if needed. Contact information is available in the EVERYTHING YOU NEED TO KNOW document.
How long will I have access to the online materials?
- Course materials on Canvas will be available for 6 months following the completion of the program.
When is payment due and what types of payment do you accept?
- Payment is due in full at the time of registration. Babson accepts Visa, MasterCard or American Express
Do you offer discounts?
- We offer discounts for the following:
- If you are an alumni of Babson College (undergraduate or graduate)
- Current Babson graduate students
- Parents of current Babson students or Babson alumni
- If you come in a group of three or more
- If you have taken an online or multiday face-to-face Babson Executive Education program in the past
- Please email Rachel Crane for discount codes before registering.
Do you offer online programs for large groups from the same company?
- We are pleased to offer programs from our diverse open enrollment portfolio and we can customize a program to your company’s specific needs. Please email Rachel Crane for additional information.
What will I receive upon completion of the program?
- Each program participant receives a certificate of completion. We invite participants to add the program to their LinkedIn profile by filling in the Certifications section and/or sharing the certificate of completion image and tagging Babson College. Note that a certificate will not be provided if there is no evidence of participation.
Do you have translation for non-English speaking participants?
- We do not offer translation in our open enrollment programs. Although we do not require TOEFL, it is a prerequisite that you speak, read, and write English proficiently.
- All Babson Executive Education programs are taught in English. To participate, we ask that you can speak, read, and write English to get the most out of our programs.
Where can I find information for in-person programs?
What is your cancellation policy for online programs?
- Registration changes must be requested in writing to Babson Executive Education.
- If requested 30 days or more prior to the program start date: Cancellations receive a 100% refund / Substitutions* are allowed, subject to a $250 administration fee / One-Time Transfers* allowed subject to a $250 administration fee, to be ustilized within a one year period
- If requested 8-29 days prior to the program start date: Cancellations receive a 50% refund / Substitutions* are allowed, subject to a $250 administration fee / One-Time Transfers* are not allowed
- If requested 7 days or fewer prior to the program start date: Cancellations do not receive a refund / Substitutions* are not allowed / One-Time Transfers* are not allowed
- *Substitions and transfers are subject to approval to ensure that participants and programs are suitable.