Strategic Planning and Management in Retailing
Strategic planning in retailing in a global retail marketplace
The global retail industry is continuing to evolve and become increasingly competitive. With technology, change in consumer behavior, globalization, and consolidation, a data-driven retail strategy is more important than ever. Retail leaders must focus on strategic management in retail and be data-driven to survive and thrive in the industry.
Strategic Planning and Management in Retailing helps you develop the effective strategies needed to lead a high-performing retail business.
Learn Essential Skills
- Plan for strategic growth using productivity analysis and financial modeling, including a proprietary model for building a competitive advantage in retailing
- Analyze and interpret consumer, competitive, and market research—and implement changes based on the data
- Develop and implement enhanced merchandising management and assortment strategies
Who Should Attend
- Senior retailers who are seeking new methods for growing successful brick-and-mortar stores.
What You Will Learn
Discover the best methods to win in the highly competitive retail sector.
- Core concepts and determinants of high-performance retailing
- Eight Ways to Win in Retailing: a proprietary model for building a competitive advantage in retailing
- Retail financial and productivity strategy and measures of high-performance retailing
- How to apply multiple strategic and financial models to your business
- Merchandise planning and analysis
- Frameworks for integrating your business
- Strategic market planning, research, and implementation
- Evaluation and discussion of relevant retail case studies developed by the program faculty
“The program is excellent in the mix of theory, case studies, and practical application of business strategy. The knowledge and expertise of the faculty is very evident.” – Colin Peters, General Manager, Swan Valley Consumers Cooperative Ltd.
You will be learning from world-renowned faculty who bring relevant experience and research into the classroom. They have taught, mentored, and grown hundreds of successful retail leaders.
Faculty for Strategic Planning and Management in Retailing include:
- Lawrence Ring, Chancellor Professor of Business and Executive MBA Alumni Professor of Executive Education, Raymond A. Mason School of Business at the College of William & Mary
- Ronald Hess, Associate Professor of Marketing, Raymond A. Mason School of Business at the College of William & Mary
- John Strong, CSX Professor of Finance and Economics, Raymond A. Mason School of Business at the College of William & Mary
We continually update program content to best serve participant needs. Faculty may vary.
All Babson Executive Education programs are taught in English. To attend, we ask that you can speak, read, and write English to get the most out of our programs.
Registration deadline for program in September 2019: September 9, 2019.
The location of the September program is at the Babson Executive Conference Center in Wellesley, MA. Cost includes program materials, accommodations, and meals at the award-winning Babson Executive Conference Center from 4 p.m. on Saturday to 11 a.m. on the last day, Friday. The program starts at noon on Saturday with lunch, and ends at noon on Friday.
All participants receive a certificate of completion.
For more information about payment, accommodations, travel, and discounts read our Babson Executive Education FAQ »
Discounts for Babson alumni are available through the Second-Century Alumni Grant, discounts also are available for groups and past participants in Babson Executive Education open enrollment programs.
Why Babson Executive Education?
Babson Executive Education works with organizations and professionals around the world to turn ideas and challenges into opportunity. Babson cultivates an entrepreneurial mindset that is the basis for many of the world’s most innovative businesses and leaders.
Our programs are about more than theory; they’re about action, and equipping you with the practical tools and strategies necessary to have an immediate impact on your organization or business.
Contact Dayle Lipsky or call +1-781-239-3915