- Division Chair
Academic Division: Math & Science
- Ph D, Boston University
- BS, University of New Hampshire
Academic InterestsEcology; Sustainability; Botany; Climate Change; Biogeochemistry; Conservation Biology; Invasive Species; Biomimicry; Food Systems; Environmental Science; Urban Ecology
Awards & Honors
Degree Courses 2019
- NST 2020 CASE STUDIES IN ECOSYSTEM MGMT
Degree Courses 2018
- SCN 3655 BIOMIMICRY DESIGN INNOVATION FROM NATURE
- SCN 3650 URBAN ECOLOGY:CITIES AS ECOSYSTEMS
- ENV 4610 ART AND ECOLOGY IN THE ANTHROPOCENE
- NST 2020 CASE STUDIES IN ECOSYSTEM MGMT
- Beitelspacher, L.S., Rodgers, V.L. (2018). Integrating Corporate Social Responsibility Awareness into a Retail Management Course. Journal of Marketing Education. Vol: 40, Issue: 1, Page: 66-76.
- Rodgers, V.L., Smith, N.G., Hoeppner, S.S., Dukes, J.S. (2018). Warming increases the sensitivity of seedling growth capacity to rainfall in six temperate deciduous tree species. AoB PLANTS. Annals of Botany.
- Rodgers, V.L., Krcmar, D.M. (2018). Bridging the boundaries of science and art for business students: Integrating botany and artistic perspectives to teach environmental literacy. Journal of Sustainability Education.
- Deets, S.G., Greenberg, D., Erzurumlu, S.S., Hunt, J.M., Manwaring, M.M., Rodgers, V.L., Swanson, E. (2017). Signing to Living PRME: Learning from a Journey Towards Responsible Management Education. The International Journal of Management Education. Vol: 15, Issue: 2, Page: 205-218.
- Smith, N.G., Rodgers, V.L., Brzostek, E., Kulmatiski, A., Avolio, M.L., Koerner, S.E., Hoover, D., Grant, K., Jentshe, A., Fatichi, S., Niyogi, D. (2014). Toward a better integration of biological data from precipitation manipulation experiments into Earth system models. Reviews of Geophysics. Vol: 52, Issue: 3, Page: 412–434. John Wiley & Sons, Inc.. link
- Rodgers, V.L. (2014). Pitching environmental science to business majors: Engaging students in renewable energy choices. Journal of College Science Teaching. Vol: 43, Issue: 5, Page: 28-32. link
- Rodgers, V.L., Hoeppner, S.S., Daley, M.J., Dukes, J.S. (2012). Leaf Level Gas Exchange and Foliar Chemistry of Common Old Field Species. International Journal of Plant Sciences. Vol: 173, Issue: 9, Page: 957-970. University of Chicago Press. link
- Laprise, S., Pilips, J., Rodgers, V.L., Winrich, C. (2011). Practice-oriented science education for business students. International Journal of Science in Society, The. Vol: 2, Issue: 3, Page: 235-242.
- Rodgers, V.L., Dukes, J., Pontius, J., Orwig, D., Warren, G., Cooke, B., Brazee, N., Ayers, M., Hrrington, R., Theoharides, K., Lerdau, M., Wick, R., Ehrenfeld, J., Gurevitch, J., Stange, E., Stinson, K. (2009). The responses of pests, pathogens and invasive species to climate change in the forests of Northeastern North America: What can we predict?. Canadian Journal of Forest Research. Issue: 29, Page: 231-248.
- Rodgers, V.L., Finzi, A. (2009). Bottom-up rather than top-down processes regulate the abundance and activity of nitrogen fixing plants. Biogeochemistry. Vol: 95, Issue: 2-3, Page: 309-321.
- Rodgers, V.L., Gallet-Budynek, A., Brzostek, E., Talbot, J., Hyzy, S., Finzi, A. (2009). Contribution of organic and inorganic N sources to root uptake in two intact temperate forest soils. Oecologia. Vol: 160, Issue: 1, Page: 129-138.
- Wolfe, B.E., Rodgers, V.L., Stinson, K.A., Pringle, A. (2008). The invasive plant Alliaria petiolata (garlic mustard) inhibits ectomycorrhizal fungi in its introduced range. Journal of Ecology. Vol: 96, Page: 777-783.
- Rodgers, V.L., Wolfe, B.E., Werden, L.K., Finzi, A.C. (2008). The invasive species Alliaria petiolata (garlic mustard) increases soil nutrient availability in northern hardwood-conifer forests. Oecologia. Vol: 157, Page: 455-471.
- Rodgers, V.L., Stinson, K.A., Finzi, A.C. (2008). Ready or not, garlic mustard is moving in: Alliaria petiolata as a member of eastern deciduous forests. BioScience. Vol: 58, Issue: 5, Page: 426-436.
- Rodgers, V.L. (2015). A SEERS approach to analyzing impact: Using a science research project to evaluate product life cycle sustainability: Evolving Entrepreneurial Education: Innovation in the Babson Classroom. Emerald.
- Winrich, C.D., Rodgers, V.L., Maclean, M.G., Blodgett, D.M., Schaefer, J. (2015). Science education as entrepreneurial thought and action methodology: Evolving Entrepreneurial Education: Innovation in the Babson Classroom. Emerald.
- Chairperson ESA's Odum Ecology Education Award Committee ()
- Board Member Ecological Research as Education Network (EREN) ()
- Research Site Coordinator Boston Area Climate Experiment ()
- Botanical Society of America (2012)
- Ecological Research as Education Network (2012)
- Ecological Society of America (2002)