International Consulting Experience
In this year’s virtual International Consulting Experience, you will gain real-world experience consulting with an international company on a business issue under the guidance of a Babson faculty member.
You and your consulting team will learn from in-country experts about the local culture, economy, and business trends and explore the often overlooked aspects of doing business in a different environment. In this action packed semester course, your team will regularly connect with your client, conduct primary and secondary research, and ultimately deliver a client presentation with your team’s findings and recommendations.
Course Offered: Spring 2021
Why International Consulting?
Babson’s International Consulting Experience will provide you with some incredible benefits including:
- Earning academic credit through consulting for an international company sponsor
- Undergraduate 4 Advanced Elective credits
- Graduate 3 Elective credits
- Learning how macro-economic, social, and political trends affect the business strategies in the destination country
- Improving your cross-cultural communication skills
- Utilizing appropriate attitudes and knowledge about the host country and culture to develop real and applicable solutions
- Sharpening your observational, analytical, and evaluative skills
- Enhancing your résumé and interviewing with an experience that will differentiate you from other candidates
- Developing an international network
Sample Project Scopes
Projects deal with current concerns of sponsor organizations in one or more functional areas, such as:
- Marketing plan development
- Marketing strategy/analysis
- Industry analysis
- Business development
- Benchmark/Competitive analysis
- Internet-related projects