Now that you have found your program that fits best, it’s time to start your application.
All students who wish to spend a semester abroad must first submit an application through the Glavin Office of International Education. Once approved by Babson, you will then be nominated to the partner institution for final acceptance. The following eligibility requirements, deadlines, and application process will help you prepare for this phase.
Graduate semester applicants must:
- Have a minimum 2.80 cumulative Babson grade point average (GPA) at the time of application and departure
- Have successfully completed graduate core classes by the time of departure
- Meet program-specific requirements such as a minimum number of years of professional experience
- Be in good academic and disciplinary standing at the time of application and departure
Additionally, the Office of Community Standards review your disciplinary history during the application phase and again immediately prior to departure. Any relevant information is shared with our office. Certain disciplinary histories may delay or prohibit you from studying abroad. We encourage applicants to disclose any disciplinary history during the advising and application process as transparency is an important demonstration of maturity, honesty, and respect.
Babson Application Deadlines
|March 1||Fall or Spring Semester|
|March 15||Notification of Acceptance|
|April 1||Commitment Deadline|
Once you have committed, you will be held to Babson’s education abroad cancellation policy.
Your education abroad application will be submitted online through our portal and you will gain access once you have declared your program.
The Babson application consists of:
- Personal Reflection on Education Abroad
- Academic Proposal
- Faculty Recommendation(s)
- Signature Documents:
- Program Housing Agreement
- Statement of Agreement for Undergraduate Education Abroad
Your education abroad advisor will further discuss the application process during your advising appointment and each section includes detailed instructions once you start the application.