Visit the Babson Together website for information about our spring return to campus plan.

Transfer from Babson College to Another U.S. School


Transfer as described below refers to an "immigration record transfer" between two U.S. schools.

The procedure for transferring your SEVIS record between schools:

  1. Contact the International Student Advisor at your new school to notify them of your intent to transfer to their institution.
  2. Notify an International Student Advisor at Babson College of your intention to transfer to a new school.
  3. Complete the Transfer Confirmation . Your release date will most likely be the end of the current term. We will then verify your immigration status and transfer your SEVIS record to your new school.

NOTE: Although you may be applying to multiple new schools, the Babson College International Student Advisor may indicate only one transfer school in SEVIS.

  1. Once the transfer release date has been reached, Babson College will no longer have access to your SEVIS record.
  2. The International Student Advisor at your new school may ask you and ISSS to complete a “Transfer-in Form” for them. You should attach this to the transfer confirmation request for us to complete.  Make sure that any sections that you need to complete have been filled out.

Travel from and Reentry to the U.S. while between schools

If you plan to leave the U.S. after you have finished attending Babson and before beginning your studies at your new school, it is important that you use the Form I-20 from your new school when reentering the U.S.