The STEP Project seeks to change how the world thinks about entrepreneurship in family firms.
We seek to achieve this mission by impacting important stakeholders in the arena. Below you can see some of the milestones which we have achieved with each since our foundation in 2005:
Discovering and applying new insights to enable long term entrepreneurial activity.
- Involved 100+ families in a research process
- Hosted over 13 summits to apply research findings back to families
- Created 3 booklets of new observations
Providing a framework and network for developing family business competencies in our affiliates.
- 45 Global Affiliates
- Stimulating local programs based on STEP within our affiliate institutions
- Enabled the first PhD student on family business in several affiliates
Creating and disseminating knowledge which changes how we learn about business families.
- Developing teaching cases with STEP families
- Partnership with the Family Firm Institute
Publishing leading edge findings in peer reviewed academic journals
- Hosted over 25+ Research meetings with affiliates
- Edward Elgar Publishing book series on Transgenerational Entrepreneurship has been published
- 10+ Papers based on STEP data presented at leading research conferences
- 29+ Articles based on STEP data published in peer reviewed journals
- Partnership with the Family Enterprise Research Conference.