All presenters for the 2012 Rocket Pitch must meet the following in order to participate:
- All students matriculating at Babson, Olin Engineering, Wellesley College, and Babson alumni, are eligible to participate in the 2012 Rocket Pitch.
- Individual students or groups are eligible to submit their application to the 2012 Rocket Pitch. The lead entrepreneur of any group must be matriculating at Babson, Olin Engineering, Wellesley College, or is a Babson alumnus, although team members may come from other area schools.
- All applicants must be available to present their Rocket Pitch on Babson's campus on Thursday, October 25, 2012, if chosen. Presentations are a maximum of 3 minutes.
- 2012 Rocket Pitch applicants require the following by Friday, October 5, 2012 at 5pm EST:
- Rocket Pitch must be submitted through the Blank Center submission site. A confirmation from the submission site must be received in order for the submission to be considered for the 2012 Rocket Pitch.
- A signed Audiotape, Videotape, Web and Photograph Release Form to express the right to video tape the participant's final presentation on October 25 and to allow Babson College the right to use the business presentation within the College for faculty, staff, students, and to be part of the archives at Babson.
Original form must be returned to Antonette Ho, Babson College, Blank Center Ground Floor Office #2, Babson Park, MA 02457 or faxed to 781-239-4178. Email copies (unless scanned with original signature) cannot be accepted.
- If an applicant(s) would like to present but does not meet the submission date deadline, they may apply to the Rocket Pitch waiting list. The applicant(s) will be notified if there is space to present on Thursday, October 25. Last day to apply is Wednesday, October 17, 2012.
- If an applicant(s) fails to submit their Rocket Pitch through the Blank Center submission site or fails to submit the audio video release form by the date listed above, the event organizers have the right to withdraw or waitlist the applicant from participating in the 2012 Rocket Pitch.
- All participants that are selected to participate in the 2012 Rocket Pitch must submit their PowerPoint presentations to email@example.com by Thursday, October 18 at 5pm EST. PowerPoint presentations are 3 slides maximum (including title slide).
- All applicant(s) must agree that the materials they are submitting are their original work. The applicant(s) will retain all rights to the materials regarding their use at all times prior to and following the event.
- By applying to participate in the 2012 Rocket Pitch, applicant(s) give the event organizers the right to post the application details on the event website, http://www.babson.edu/rocketpitch in the Rocket Pitch Recap Book.
- Updated information on the 2012 Rocket Pitch application will not be accepted.
- Monday, October 1 - BEC Presents Itchin' for Pitchin' (5:00-6:00pm)
- Friday, October 5 - submit pitch by 5pm EST
- Friday, October 5 - audio video release forms due at 5pm EST
- Thursday, October 11 - BEC Presents Itchin' for Pitchin (5:00-6:00pm)
- Monday, October 15 - Rocket Pitch Bullpen (3:00-6:00pm)
- Wednesday, October 17 - Rocket Pitch Bullpen with Pepper Hamilton LLP (3:00-6:00pm)
- Thursday, October 18 - Rocket Pitch Bullpen (2:00-5:00pm)
- Thursday, October 18 - PowerPoint slides due at 5pm
- Thursday, October 25 - Rocket Pitch Event
Resources Available to Presenters:
- Pitcher's Bullpen: The Blank Center and the Babson Entrepreneurship Club (BEC) holds practice sessions (also known as Pitching in the Bullpen and Itchin' for Pitchin'). Presenters can get feedback on their presentation skills and content of slides by faculty volunteers and representatives from sponsors. Rocket Pitch Bullpen is scheduled for the weeks of October 8th and 15th - more details will be sent to primary contact!
- Sponsor Pepper Hamilton LLP on Do’s and Don’ts for pitches.
- Online Presentation that describes and gives examples of Babson Rocket Pitches.
- Want to see recordings from past Rocket Pitch events? Horn Library has copies at their information desk. You can also click here to access recordings from the 2010 Rocket Pitch and here for the West Coast Rocket Pitch!
- Babson Speech Resource Center (One-on-One sessions to create and deliver a compelling, powerful pitch).
- Further details on what to expect on the day will be sent to the primary contact.