The CWEL Scholars (CWELS) program offers opportunity to learn, experiment, and apply new ways to lead. Exclusive events, cutting edge experts, and hands-on coaching help you combine your business acumen with passion and purpose. Join like-minded peers in a strong community of women who want to make their mark.
Why It Works
Near-peer role models | Access to experts | Opportunities for experimentation | Real world application | Accountability
What You Gain
Build competence and confidence in the skills that differentiate you from your peers. By your senior year, you will have what it takes to succeed.
- Effective Communication & Presentation Skills
- Gender Matters
- Identifying & Assessing Your Personal Strengths
- Influence & Personal Advocacy
- Professional Presence & Personal Branding
View the CWEL Scholars program brochure (pdf) »
The CWEL Undergraduate Mentor Program connects women students to successful women leaders to explore current topics related to professional and personal development.
The program is open to all junior standing women students and runs from spring semester of the junior year to fall semester of the senior year. The program is built on three essential pillars:
- Expertise. The program is designed and led by a mentoring expert. Professor Wendy Murphy is a respected researcher in the field of mentoring and has years of experience managing successful mentor programs.
- Theory and Practice. The program combines the latest research on mentoring and entrepreneurial leadership with a series of activities that are both educational and fun.
- Custom Matching. Students and mentors are strategically matched to provide a successful foundation for the mentoring experience of both parties.
For more information, see the Mentor Program page.
Gender Justice League
Comprised of undergraduate students and faculty, this lively and energetic group began in Fall 2012 as a forum about gender in the Babson Community. Informally titled the Gender Justice League, its members meet regularly to brainstorm ideas for programs and initiatives that foster and build gender awareness and promote gender equity on our campus and beyond.