Registration opens for G.A.P. students (January first-year admits) on Tuesday, March 6 at 7:30 a.m. Registration opens for all others on Wednesday, March 7 at 7:30 a.m.
Undergraduate summer session courses are open to current Babson undergraduate students and to non-degree (visiting) students with the academic experience required to meet any course prerequisites.
Processes and Policies
Babson students can register through online registration.
Non-degree (visiting) students can register in-person at the Registrar’s Office or by sending a completed
SUMMER SESSION REGISTRATION FORM (pdf).
Full payment must be made to Student Financial Services by May 1, 2018. Non-degree (visiting) students are required to pay prior to registration.
- Completing a registration form does not necessarily confirm registration.
- Students cannot register for courses that are at full capacity.
- Students who have a hold on their account will not be able to register and should
contact the appropriate office.
- Students must satisfy all prerequisites to register for a course.
- No registrations or changes will be accepted after the add/drop deadline.
- Non-degree (visiting) students may be asked to provide documentation, such as transcripts, to demonstrate that they have the academic experience required to meet the course prerequisites.
- The Registrar’s Office will manually register students into courses that require special permission.
- Students who receive a prerequisite waiver for a course need to have the professor of the course email the
Registrar’s Office to confirm.
- Please consult the
Undergraduate Student Handbook for additional policies.
A typical course load in the summer session is two courses, or up to 10 credits if you take a 6-credit SME pair plus one additional course. Students in the G.A.P. program may enroll in two courses each summer session in addition to FME, although typically G.A.P. students take FME plus two courses in summer first session, and FME plus one course in summer second session.
Add/Drop & Withdrawal
Babson students can make add/drop changes through online registration, in accordance with
registration and add/drop dates. After online add/drop closes, add/drop changes can be made by emailing
Non-degree (visiting) students can make add/drop changes in-person at the Registrar’s Office or by emailing
email@example.com, in accordance with
registration and add/drop dates
Requests for add/drop changes must be received by the Registrar’s Office prior to the start of the second class meeting. Additional payment, if applicable, must be made and received prior to registration. All registration and add/drop requests are processed on a first-come-first-served basis.
Students may withdraw from a summer session course after the drop deadline but before the
withdrawal deadline. Students will receive a final grade of "W" for withdrawing from a course. Students should meet with their class dean in Academic Services to withdraw from a course. Students who do not officially withdraw will receive a final grade for each applicable course and will be responsible for all applicable tuition and fee charges.