Center for Women’s Entrepreneurial Leadership
Mission: At the Center for Women’s Entrepreneurial Leadership we are closing the gender gap in business, one female leader at a time. We educate and empower women to create social and economic impact through industry and innovation as we research and enlighten the global community about the importance of female leadership for prosperity and human progress.
As the first center ever focused on women entrepreneurial leaders at a business school, the Center for Women’s Entrepreneurial Leadership (CWEL) is one of the most visible and important ways we support women entrepreneurs and impact the larger Babson ecosystem. In 2017, the college was named the No. 1 school for women entrepreneurs who want to change the world and in 2018, The Center was given the Excellence in Specialty Entrepreneurship Education award by the Global Consortium of Entrepreneurship Centers.
CWEL’s award-winning programs, exclusive events, access to cutting-edge experts, and hands-on coaching impact a diverse set of stakeholders from around the world. They include:
- The CWEL Scholars program for high-performing female undergraduate students
- The Women Innovating Now (WIN) Lab® accelerator for women entrepreneurs building scalable businesses
- Mentor programs designed to educate both undergraduate and graduate students on the value of developmental relationships
- Executive Education built for established women leaders striving to make a strategic economic impact
- A lively, supportive, and growing community of faculty who do groundbreaking research on the economic value women entrepreneurial leaders bring to the world.