5th Annual Babson Food Day
A recipe for good food innovation
October 20–21, 2015
Every October, across the country, Food Day brings people together to share and discuss delicious meals and push for better food policies. At Babson, we’ve developed a unique recipe for Food Day, showcasing the power of entrepreneurship to positively influence how we as eaters think about, select and consume our food.
Every Food Day needs fresh ingredients to be successful, and our list for 2015 includes food entrepreneurs of all kinds pursuing innovation in the food industry.
- Brie Abramowicz, Target
- Jody Adams, Rialto
- Ellen Bennett, Hedley & Bennett
- Jamie Bissonnette, Toro
- Bob Burke, Natural Products Consulting
- Nancy & Tim Cushman, o ya
- Manoj Fenelon, PepsiCo
- Ariel Hauptman, Greyston Bakery
- Island Creek Oysters
- Adam Melonas, Chew
- Ioannis Miaoulis, Museum of Science Boston
- Ken Oringer, Toro
- Doug Rauch, Daily Table
- Michael Scelfo, Alden & Harlow
- Gail Simmons, Entrepreneur in Residence, Top Chef
- Dave Stangis, Campbell Soup
- Greg Watson, Schumacher Center for New Economies
- Andrew Zimmern, Entrepreneur in Residence, Bizarre Foods
Stay tuned, because more ingredients will be added as they’re sourced.
For the most satisfying Food Day experience, we recommend you follow all five steps.
Tuesday, October 20
- Boston celebrity chefs unpack dining innovation, 5-7 p.m.
Wednesday, October 21
- Business leaders discuss the future of food, 8–9 a.m.
- Thought leaders share inspiring food stories, 10 a.m.–noon
- Entrepreneurs showcase their innovations over a sustainably sourced lunch, noon–2 p.m.
- Entrepreneurs source audience ideas at the Quick Service Incubator, 2–4 p.m.
A community hungry for fresh ideas, new designs and flavors, and plenty of good food innovation.