The Global Management Concentration at Babson is a rigorous program for students who are truly dedicated to pursuing an internationally oriented education and career. This program encourages Babson students to study abroad, think globally, and to pursue a variety of international business and area studies courses.
By combining 9 credits of course work with an experiential component to broaden the understanding of global management, students interested in internationally active firms will achieve depth in a skill area—such as marketing or finance—and acquire a global mindset.
The Global Management Concentration will be noted on your MBA transcript.
Requirement A (3 credits total)
Objective: To build the base for Global Management
- MOB7559 Global Strategic Management
Requirement B (3 credits total)
Objective: To deepen the understanding of Global Management
- MKT7560 Global Marketing Strategy, 3 credits
- FIN7509 International Finance, 1.5 credits
- ECN7525 Global Trade and Direct Investment: Policy and Strategy, 3.0 credits
- MOB7170 Developing International Ventures, 3 credits
- MOB7535 Extended Enterprise Management, 3 credits
- MOB7543 Managing a Diverse Workplace, 3 credits
- MOB7549 Global Business, Institutions and Policies, 3 credits
- MOB9535 Extended Enterprise Management Fundamentals, 1.5 credits
- MOB9540 Extended Enterprise Management Practicum, 1.5 credits
Requirement C (3 credits total)*
Objective: To broaden the experience of Global Management
- Electives Abroad, 3 credits
- Joint Management Consulting Field Experience, 3 credits
- Global Management Independent Study, 1.5 to 3 credits (see GPSA for approval process)
- Management Consulting Field Experience, 3.0 credits (qualifying projects will be notated in the MCFE Project Catalogue)
- Study Abroad, usually 3 credits per course
*All options above require students to go through an application process
For more information on the Graduate Global Management Concentration requirements, please email Professor Sam Hariharan.