Certificate in Advanced Management Program
The Certificate in Advanced Management (CAM) helps students accelerate their careers.
This customizable, 9-15 credit program gives students the ability to choose their classes from Babson's extensive graduate school portfolio, allowing students to take classes that match their interests and align with their schedules.
Upon successful completion of CAM, students can apply the credits they earned towards a Babson graduate degree and waive the GMAT requirement for the MBA.
CAM is available in a working professionals format or a full-time student format:
Part-time format for Working Professionals
The majority of CAM courses are available at Babson’s Wellesley campus, but some courses are available at the Boston, Miami*, and San Francisco campuses.
- Courses are offered in different formats, including blended learning (combination of online and face-to-face), evening (Wellesley & Boston only), and intensive weekend electives (Wellesley only).
- Students choose classes from the graduate school portfolio, so classes and delivery format can vary by semester.
- Students may complete the program in as little as one semester or at a three-year maximum, though most students complete CAM in two semesters.
*Miami instructional location pending approval from NEASC-Commission on Institutions of Higher Education
Full-time format (F-1 student visa eligible)
- CAM is available for full-time study only at our Wellesley, MA campus.
- Courses are offered in different formats, including blended learning (combination of online and face-to-face), evening, and intensive weekend electives. International students must take the majority of their coursework in a traditional on-campus format.
- Students choose classes from the MBA elective portfolio, so classes and delivery format can vary by semester.
- International students may take CAM in a 9-credit, one semester option to maintain F-1 visa eligibility. Or, international students may take CAM in a 15-credit, two semester option to maintain F-1 visa eligibility. Please note, OPT (Optional Practical Training) is only available for students who complete a two semester, 15-credit CAM format.
Choosing your Courses
- CAM students can take graduate classes in a particular subject area (for example, taking three or four Marketing electives if they'd like to focus on Marketing) or may pick and choose classes from multiple subject areas (for example, choosing one Marketing elective, one Finance elective, and two Business Analytics electives.)
- To view graduate classes, visit the
Graduate Course Catalogue. Please note, some high-level elective classes may have prerequisites. During your application process, Graduate Admissions will review your transcripts and/or work history to determine if you've met prerequisite requirements for a particular course. If you do not meet prerequisite requirements, you may take the prerequisite course as your first course in CAM, or may choose to take a different elective that does not have a prerequisite.
- Qualified applicants will be invited to interview with a member of Admissions, who will discuss their goals & interests and advise them on available CAM courses during their intended semester of study.
- Enrolled students have the opportunity to speak 1-1 with an academic advisor before course registration to receive guidance on course selection.
- The GMAT is not required for the CAM program.
- Applicants should have two years of full-time work experience and a Bachelor's degree.
- Students may begin the CAM program in January, May, or August. Visit our
application deadlines page to learn when to apply.
- Babson Alumni Preferential Pricing is offered for Babson degree holders who pursue CAM. Qualifying students will see a 20% adjustment to their tuition each semester.
The U.S. Department of Education requires postsecondary schools to disclose cost and completion information for the most
recently completed academic year for certificate programs.