Incoming Student Application Procedures
Incoming students should follow these steps to apply for financial aid.
Be sure to meet Babson’s deadlines in order to receive full consideration for financial aid.
STEP 1 – Complete the CSS PROFILE at
www.collegeboard.org/profile to apply for Babson's need-based grants and scholarships. Babson's CSS PROFILE deadline is 11/15 for Early Decision and Early Action candidates and 2/1 for Regular Decision candidates.
- Be sure to include Babson College (#3075) on your list of schools.
For students whose parents are self-employed or own a business or farm: You will be asked about the income, expenses, assets, and liabilities of your business. Please also fax or mail a copy of the most recent year's business tax return to Student Financial Services at Babson.
For students whose parents are separated or divorced: You will receive an email notification to have your noncustodial parent complete the Noncustodial PROFILE. This email will provide you with a password, which should be forwarded to your noncustodial parent. Using your CSS ID and that provided password, your noncustodial parent should complete the form online.
STEP 2 – Complete the FAFSA at
- Citizens and permanent residents of the U.S. must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to apply for federal aid.
- We encourage you to submit the FAFSA by 11/15 if you are an Early Decision or Early Action candidate or by 2/1 if you are a Regular Decision candidate.
- You must create a Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID), made up of a username and password. Your FSA ID identifies you as someone who has the right to access your own personal information on the Department of Education websites, such as the
FAFSA and Federal Student Aid sites. Parents of dependent students will also need to create their own FSA IDs in order to electronically sign the FAFSA. You can find more information about the FSA ID
- Be sure to list Babson College (#002121).
- Follow the FAFSA instructions for the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.
STEP 3 – Review the
list of scholarships at Babson that have additional application requirements and decide if you wish to apply.
STEP 4 – In order to finalize your financial aid package, submit all verification documents to the College Board’s Institutional Documentation Service (IDOC) as soon as possible, but no later than
The following documents must be submitted with an IDOC cover sheet, which will be emailed to you by the College Board. For a duplicate Cover Sheet, go to
https://idoc.collegeboard.org or call 1-866-897-9881.
- 2015 Signed Parent Federal Tax Return and schedules
- 2015 Parent W-2s or 1099 forms
- 2015 Signed Student Federal Tax Return and schedules
- 2015 Student W-2s or 1099 forms
- 2017-2018 Verification Worksheet (pdf)
Incoming Undergraduate Financial Aid Application Deadlines
CSS PROFILE and FAFSA deadlines
Notification of financial aid decision
Early Decision candidates
Early Action candidates
Regular Decision candidates
Transfer applicants for Fall
Transfer applicants for Spring