Incoming Student Application Procedures
Incoming students should follow these steps to apply for financial aid.
Be sure to meet Babson’s deadlines in order to receive full consideration for financial aid.
STEP 1 – Complete the CSS PROFILE at
www.cssprofile.org to apply for Babson's need-based grants and scholarships. Babson's CSS PROFILE deadline is 11/15 for Early Decision and Early Action candidates and 2/1 for Regular Decision candidates.
- Be sure to include Babson College (#3075) on your list of schools.
For students whose parents are self-employed or own a business or farm: You will be asked about the income, expenses, assets, and liabilities of your business. Please also fax or mail a copy of the most recent year's business tax return to Student Financial Services at Babson.
For students whose parents are separated or divorced: You and your custodial parent (referred to as "Household A") should complete the CSS PROFILE. Under "Additional Parent Application," please provide an email address for your noncustodial parent (referred to as "Household B"), and the College Board will forward information on how your noncustodial parent should complete his/her section of the CSS PROFILE. If you have already submitted the CSS PROFILE and need to add another parent, you can also add this information on the applicant's dashboard. Babson College believes that the primary responsibility for paying for college lies with the student and family. In the case of divorced or separated parents, we expect each parent to complete the CSS PROFILE. However, if there are extenuating circumstances related to your family, you may submit a request for waiver (pdf). Submission of the waiver request does not guarantee that it will be approved. Review the instructions on page one and submit the waiver and any supporting documentation directly to Babson College SFS. Upon receipt, we will review the information provided and follow up with you via email.
STEP 2 – Complete the FAFSA at
- Citizens and permanent residents of the U.S. must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to apply for federal aid.
- We encourage you to submit the FAFSA by 11/15 if you are an Early Decision or Early Action candidate or by 2/1 if you are a Regular Decision candidate.
- You must create a Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID), made up of a username and password. Your FSA ID identifies you as someone who has the right to access your own personal information on the Department of Education websites, such as the
FAFSA and Federal Student Aid sites. Parents of dependent students will also need to create their own FSA IDs in order to electronically sign the FAFSA. You can find more information about the FSA ID
- Be sure to list Babson College (#002121).
STEP 3 – Review the
list of scholarships at Babson that have additional application requirements and decide if you wish to apply.
STEP 4 – In order to finalize your financial aid package, submit all verification documents to the College Board’s Institutional Documentation Service (IDOC) as soon as possible, but no later than
The following documents must be submitted with an IDOC cover sheet, which will be emailed to you by the College Board. For a duplicate Cover Sheet, go to
https://idoc.collegeboard.org or call 1-866-897-9881.
- 2016 Signed Parent Federal Tax Return and schedules
- 2016 Parent W-2s or 1099 forms
- 2016 Signed Student Federal Tax Return and schedules
- 2016 Student W-2s or 1099 forms
- 2018-2019 Verification Worksheet (pdf)
Incoming Undergraduate Financial Aid Application Deadlines
CSS PROFILE and FAFSA deadlines
Notification of financial aid decision
Early Decision candidates
Early Action candidates
Regular Decision candidates
Transfer applicants for Fall
Transfer applicants for Spring