Skip Navigation LinksHome / Admission / Tuition and Financial Aid / Undergraduate / Financial Aid / Returning Student Application Procedures

Returning Student Application Procedures

Returning students should follow these financial aid renewal instructions.

Renewal financial aid packages are available the first week of July each year.

Step 1 – Complete the FAFSA by 4/15.

U.S. citizens and permanent residents should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and be sure to list Babson College.

Your PIN can serve as an electronic signature. For dependent students one parent must also sign the FAFSA.  If either you or your parent do not have a PIN, go to As an alternative, you can print the signature page and mail to the address listed.

IRS Data Retrieval Process

The IRS Data Retrieval Process allows parents and students to transfer their completed U.S. federal tax return data directly from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to the FAFSA. When you initiate the FAFSA application, you will be asked if you wish to use the IRS Data Transfer Process. Babson is requesting that all applicants use the IRS Data Retrieval Process. Once you file your federal tax return electronically, there is approximately a 2-week turnaround before the IRS information is available for retrieval. If possible, you should plan to file your federal tax return by 4/1. If the 4/15 deadline is approaching, it is fine to submit the FAFSA but you should go back and make the necessary corrections using the IRS Data Retrieval Process. 

Step 2 - Submit all verification documents to IDOC by 4/15.

The following documents must be submitted with an IDOC cover sheet, which will be emailed to you by the College Board. For a duplicate Cover Sheet, go to or call (305) 829-9793.

Returning Undergraduate Financial Aid Application Deadlines ​ ​ ​
Filing FAFSA online
Submitting verification documents to IDOC
Babson sends renewal financial aid package
Renewal candidates (returning students)