The large majority of Babson's grant and scholarship dollars are awarded to students based on financial need. Be sure to follow all the steps outlined in Applying for Aid in order to be considered for need based grants.
Babson awards four-year merit scholarships to the most highly qualified students when they are admitted to the College. These scholarships are:
Babson DECA Scholarship – New for 2015-16
- Value: $5,000/year for 4 years
- Criteria: Awarded to incoming students on the basis of academic achievement, leadership potential, and involvement in DECA within the state of Massachusetts
- Apply: Submit a separate 500-word essay, a letter of recommendation from your DECA advisor, and a list of your involvements at the state and international levels of DECA with your admission application.
Essay Topic: Describe your career objectives and ambitions. How has DECA assisted you in progressing towards these objectives, and how will Babson help you to accomplish these career goals?
There are several scholarships available to rising sophomores who are among the highest GPA earners and who have demonstrated outstanding leadership in campus activities.
- Value: $3,000 per year
- Criteria: Awarded beginning sophomore year to students who are among the highest GPA earners and who have demonstrated outstanding leadership in campus activities.
- Program: Award recipients have opportunities to meet with the Dean of the Undergraduate School.
- Apply: No separate application is required.
Honors Program Scholarship
Value: $3,000 per year
- Criteria: Awarded to sophomores, juniors, and seniors who are selected for and participate in the Honors Program at Babson
- Program: Requires yearly participation in the Honors Program.
- Apply: Apply for the Honors Program at Babson in the fall of sophomore year.
NOTE: Students who received a Presidential Scholarship or Weissman Scholarship at the point of admission are excluded from consideration for the Honors Program Scholarship.