NEW Student Fall Orientation
Save the date for Fall Orientation!
Friday, August 28–Tuesday, September 1, 2015
New Student Orientation is a comprehensive program designed to introduce new students to Babson and the resources available on campus. New students will have the opportunity to meet faculty, staff, and current students.
The Orientation schedule is designed to introduce students to the community, academics, and campus life at Babson. We are pleased to offer the Orientation schedule through the Guidebook app, available on the web and on iOS and Android devices. The Babson College Orientation "guide" will be your one-stop-shop to Orientation and your first few days on campus. Check it out now!
Orientation Schedule & Information »
Move-In and Check-In Information
Move-in and check-in for all new students is Friday, August 28. Students can receive residence hall keys as well as the Orientation schedule and information in Knight Auditorium between 8 a.m.-1 p.m. All new students are required to check-in at this time.
International Student Move-In
Students travelling to Babson internationally on Student Visas are able to move onto campus on Thursday, August 27. Students should reference communication with the Glavin Office regarding move-in times and locations. All international students are also required to check-in for Orientation on Friday, August 28, at Knight Auditorium.
Helpful Tips for Move-In Day
- Orientation sessions for students are not optional. If you have any conflict with attending orientation, please email Dan Kwash, Associate Director, Senior Class Dean, as soon as possible so that you are accounted for prior to the start of classes.
- Any student who has not turned in all medical records/proof of immunization, paid tuition balances, or completed necessary immigration paperwork must reconcile these requirements with the associated office before picking up their key. These offices will be available in Knight Auditorium to assist you in completing these requirements. For questions prior to your arrival please contact the offices directly:
- Health Services - 781-239-6363
- Glavin Office of Multicultural and International Education – 781-239-4565
- Student Financial Services - 781-239-4219
- All cars will follow instructions provided at check-in for unloading at designated areas based on your student’s housing assignment. Immediately following unloading, all cars will be required to park in Trim Lot. We recommend that the driver of each vehicle take the car to Trim Lot while your student and additional family/friends assist with the move-in process after unloading. Public Safety Officers will be present at each site to direct traffic. A group of student leaders will be at all locations assisting with the move-in process.
- If you are not arriving by car, please have taxis or other transportation drop you and your belongings at the luggage drop located on the Knight walk-way at the end of Knight Lot closest to the building. We will have staff there to load your student’s belongings into a campus van and drive you to your residence hall for move-in after you have completed the check-in process.
- If you arrive after 1 p.m., your room keys will be available at the Reynolds Campus Center information desk until 4:30 p.m. and at Public Safety after that. If arriving late, you should connect immediately with your Peer Mentor, who will have emailed you at your Babson email address with their cell phone number.
Orientation for parents and families new students is a two-day Orientation program taking place on Friday, August 28 and Saturday, August 29. Following move-in and check-in, parents and families are invited to participate in a variety of programs and sessions to acclimate you to the Babson campus and community, and get a glimpse of the experience your student is about to embark on.
For more information on parent and family orientation, please visit the Family Orientation
Questions & Contact Information
If you have any questions please contact:
Melissa Grove, Director, Student Activities and Leadership
Dan Kwash, Associate Director, Senior Class Dean
Conor O'Brien, Senior Program Manager, Academic Services