The Babson Alumni Association Board of Directors collaborates with various Babson departments and performs its work through several committees.
If you wish to support any committee or its initiatives, please contact the chairperson directly.
This Committee meets on a regular basis to discuss broad issues affecting the Babson network, with particular focus on the alumni base. The Executive Committee is responsible for setting the tactical direction of the BAA.
Chaired by Howard Brown '88
Mission: Further a culture of exchange in the Babson community.
- Communicate Alumni Association mission of connecting alumni to each other and to Babson regularly through events, programs, written and social media outlets to alumni, students, faculty, and staff.
- Ensure regular dialogue with key alumni, students, faculty, and staff.
- Provide feedback and content suggestions for the Alumni website.
- Measure effectiveness of all outreach efforts by reviewing communications that are sent out and collecting feedback received from alumni.
Board Members: Mark Helman M'97, Leslie Simone '96, Alexandra Diselo Piccirilli '94, Michael Reardon '93
Chaired by Sharlene Sones '86
Mission: Expand alumni engagement and facilitate a dynamic network of involved alumni.
- Act as resource and partner to sustain and promote existing programs and clubs with Alumni Relations staff.
- Engage alumni to introduce new ideas to enhance alumni experience.
- Partner with Alumni Relations staff to promote dialogue and communication around problems, issues, and ideas.
- Measure effectiveness of all outreach efforts.
Board Members: David Egan '78, Dexter Williams M'98, Chrissy Phillips Toskos '99, Emily Mariani Consilvio '01, Hugh Glazer '77, P'13
Governance and Operations Committee
Chaired by Howard Brown '88
Mission: Manage operational, tactical, and functional aspects of the Babson Alumni Association.
- Manage and convene operational committees concerned with Board governance: Nominating Committee and Leadership Committee
- Manage and oversee Board operations and bylaws.
Board Members: Jeni Wheeler M'05, Gregory Santin '92, Jill Cartwright M'07
Finance and Audit Committee
Chaired by Matt Giorgetti '00
Mission: Provide financial oversight for all Alumni Association activities.
- Implement and oversee Financial Audit Committee.
- Develop a vision for the sources and uses of the financial resources of the Association: Revenue Generation and Fund Raising
- Align with College Development efforts: Scholarships and Programs
- Align with College programs and Alumni Relations
Board Members: Jonathan Glover '02, Edward Gallagher '98, Eric Roberge '02, Lizabeth Czepiel '07
When we meet
The BAA holds three meetings per year for the full Board of Directors. The meetings are held on campus, in conjunction with the Trustee meetings. The BAA also meets annually during Back to Babson (reunion and homecoming weekend) in the fall.