Non-Degree Seeking Students
Students enrolled in graduate programs at other institutions can apply to take courses at Babson as Visiting Students.
A Visiting Student cannot earn a graduate degree from Babson College, and admission to Babson College as a Visiting Student does not guarantee admission to the Graduate School.
Visiting Graduate Student Admission Requirements:
- Applicant must be in good standing and actively pursuing a graduate degree at another accredited academic institution.
- To be eligible to participate, applicants must have two years of professional work experience.
- Applicant must transfer all graduate credits earned at Babson College back to the home institution.
- A Visiting Student will be permitted to register on a space-available basis.
When to apply (All materials must be submitted by the deadline)
|Summer Session I (May)
|Summer Session II (July)
All Visiting Student Applicants must submit the following materials:
- Please arrange to have an official copy of your graduate transcript sent to Graduate Programs and Student Affairs. The transcript must be in a sealed envelope (unopened).
- Please forward a letter from your Graduate Dean or Program Manager that includes the following information:
- You are a student in good academic standing in the graduate program.
- The courses you intend to take at the F.W. Olin Graduate School of Business at Babson College have been approved by your university.
- The credit that you receive from the courses at the F.W. Olin Graduate School of Business will count toward the degree that you are pursuing.
- A current résumé.
- TOEFL scores (Only for International Students).
- Please enclose a check for $50 payable to Babson College (nonrefundable) to cover the application fee.
Additional Requirements for International Applicants
- International students who wish to attend Babson College as a Visiting Student and obtain a student (F-1) visa will be required to participate in a full course load (12 credits minimum) each semester. Students enrolled in 12 credits or more per semester must meet Massachusetts state immunization requirements, have health insurance, and pay student fees. Please contact Student Financial Services for this year’s fees. In order to participate in a full course load (12 credits minimum), you must complete a Status Change form from part time to full time after you have been granted admission as a Visiting Student.
- If you are a nonimmigrant who will require a student visa (F-1 or J-1), you will need to complete a Declaration of Finances and return it with your application. Proof of funding is required for the issuance of a Form I-20 or Form DS-2019. For more information visit the Glavin Office of International Programs site.
- English Language Proficiency: A satisfactory command of the English language is required for admission. The Official Score Report for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) is required of all applicants whose native language is not English and who have not earned a bachelor’s or master’s degree from a U.S., UK, Australian, or New Zealand institution. Results of the TOEFL must be sent directly from the Educational Testing Service (ETS) to Babson College. We will not accept institutional TOEFL results (i.e., those given by language training programs, institutions, or other colleges). We prefer that the TOEFL be taken within one year of the date of application to Babson. We recommend that you request that a score report be sent to Babson at the time you take the examination. Information and registration forms are available from TOEFL Program, Educational Testing Service, Princeton, New Jersey 08541-6103 (www.ets.org). Our ETS reporting code is 3075.
Please send all application materials submitted to:
c/o Visiting Student Application
Olin Hall 320
Babson Park, MA 02457-0310