U.S.News & World Report has ranked Babson College among the top 30 undergraduate business programs in the country and No. 1 in entrepreneurship for an unprecedented 18th time. Babson's overall business program ranking is No. 29, up five spots from last year. According to U.S. News & World Report, these rankings are based solely on peer surveys completed by deans and senior faculty members at undergraduate business programs accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).
As Babson kicks off the new academic year, the College is again leading the market:
- Money magazine has named Babson the No. 1 college in the United States on its new Best Colleges list, which is described as taking “a new approach to ranking colleges that uses unique measures of educational quality, affordability, and career outcomes to help families find the right school at the right price.”
- Babson has been ranked No. 1 for 20-year net return on investment (ROI) among undergraduate business schools, according to the 2014 PayScale College ROI Report.
- Beginning this semester, Babson is offering current undergraduate students the opportunity to live and learn for a semester at the College’s San Francisco campus.
- Through Babson’s redesigned, award-winning Foundations of Management and Entrepreneurship (FME) course—which requires all first-year undergraduate students start and run a business and donate the profits to charity—members of the Class of 2017 raised more than $17,000 for local social service agencies.
- Babson’s Center for Women’s Entrepreneurial Leadership (CWEL) is welcoming participants for the second year into its Women Innovating Now (WIN) Lab, a first-of-its kind, yearlong program designed to empower women students and alumnae to build their entrepreneurial ventures.
- Preparations are underway to open the new living and learning residence hall and innovation center in January. It will provide centralized space for first-year students, affording them more opportunities for spontaneous interaction and collaboration in the heart of the Babson campus.
- Members of the incoming first-year class hail from 37 U.S. states and territories and 50 countries around the world, making Babson’s campus one of the most intentionally diverse in the country and ensuring students learn in an environment that prepares them to succeed in a global economy.
The full results of U.S.News & World Report Best Colleges 2015 are available at www.usnews.com/education.
About the U.S.News & World Report Ranking
In the spring of 2014, U.S.News & World Report surveyed deans and senior faculty at all undergraduate business programs accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. Participants were asked to rate the quality of programs with which they’re familiar on a scale of 1 (marginal) to 5 (distinguished); 38 percent of those surveyed responded. The undergraduate business rankings are based solely on this peer survey. Deans and faculty, two per school, also were asked to nominate the 10 best programs in a number of specialty areas.
About Babson College
Babson College is the educator, convener, and thought leader for Entrepreneurship of All Kinds®
. The College is a dynamic living and learning laboratory, where students, faculty, and staff work together to address the real-world problems of business and society—while at the same time evolving our methods and advancing our programs. We shape the leaders our world needs most: those with strong functional knowledge and the skills and vision to navigate change, accommodate ambiguity, surmount complexity, and motivate teams in a common purpose to create economic and social value. As we have for nearly a half-century, Babson continues to advance Entrepreneurial Thought and Action®
as the most positive force on the planet for generating sustainable economic and social value.
By Michael Chmura, email@example.com
, 781-239-4549 |
9/9/2014 12:05 AM