Employee Resource Groups
Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) are voluntary, employee-initiated, Babson-supported groups of staff and faculty that share common interests, issues, backgrounds, dimensions of diversity and/or or pursuits. ERGs promote the value of diversity and cultural awareness and foster an environment of inclusion that attracts, welcomes and retains diverse talent. ERGs enhance feelings of connectedness and provide opportunities for employees to seek and offer support to one another.
Purpose of Babson Employee Resource Groups:
- To foster cross-departmental interaction, professional development and networking
- To increase cultural competencies, recruiting and mentoring of Babson employees
- To create increased connectivity with the college’s direction and strategy
- To increase communications and create an open forum for exchange of ideas
- To organize events and work with Human Resources to ensure that the Babson environment is inclusive, welcoming and affirming for all.
Current Employee Resource Groups
Administrative Professionals Group
Co-Chair: Corine Burke, email@example.com, 781-239-4433
Co-Chair: Candace Trundley, firstname.lastname@example.org, 781-239-5321
Parent Connections Group
Chair: Sara Quist, email@example.com
Join the online community. (It's a google community, so you can use your Babson username and password)
LGBTQ Connections (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer/Questioning)
Chair: Jamie Kendrioski, firstname.lastname@example.org, 781-239-5506
Chair: Bilal Mirza, email@example.com
Employees interested in joining an existing resource group are encouraged to contact the chairperson directly.
Forming an Employee Resource Group
As part of Babson’s commitment to a respectful workplace, The Office of Diversity and Inclusion along with Human Resources assists in forming and furthering the efforts of Employee Resource Groups (ERGs). Recognized ERGS should have a purpose that does one or more of the following:
- Supports diversity and inclusiveness at Babson
- Strengthens the College community
- Supports professional development and interactions
Employees interested in forming a new resource group are encouraged to email HR@babson.edu.