Van/ Driver Authorization
Questions should be directed to email@example.com
Driver authorization is required for members of the Babson Community who need access to College owned vehicles (vans and golf carts) for campus related use. Individuals must be 18 years of age and possess a valid US Driver's License for at least 1 year as well as present a valid Driver's License prior to signing out a Babson vehicle.
Note: All driver authorization applicants MUST read and agree to comply with the Vehicle Use Agreement and Regulations. Please read the agreement prior to submitting the following form.
Steps to the driver authorization process:
- Your agreement to the College's terms, conditions, rules and regulations for driving a College owned or rented vehicle
- The College's satisfactory review of your driving history
- Your successful completion of an online driver safety course
- Your successful completion of a vehicle orientation with Public Safety
- You will complete the form below (2 pages) in its entirety as well as attach a copy of your driver's license, and return it to the Office of Risk Management 309 Horn Library. You should not scan or email these forms as they contain personal information. If you have held a driver's license from more than one state in the past 3 years, you must include information and a copy of all.
- The College will pull and review your driving record to be sure it meet's the insurance company's and the College's criteria for a safe driver. Please note that if the College is unable to obtain a driving record, it is then the responsibility of the person requesting the driver authorization (student/staff member) to obtain their own driving record and submit it for approval.
- When you have successfully met the safe driver criteria, you will be provided access to the on-line driver safety course through an email and link. Upon successful completion of the safety driving course, you must email a copy of your Certification of Completion to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finally, you will then receive an email advising of how to schedule a van/golf cart orientation which can also be accessed on Public Safety webpage under Services http://www.babson.edu/offices-services/public-safety/services/Pages/home.aspx
Please email email@example.com if you need to schedule a different date/time or golf cart specific, thank you.
- Tuesdays 12:00p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Wednesday 5:00p.m. - 7:00 p.m.