Skip Navigation LinksHome / Offices and Services / Registrar / Name Changes

​​Name Changes

Currently enrolled students who have legally changed their name may request their name to be changed on their Babson student record and email. Students who are not currently enrolled cannot change their name at Babson. Alumni cannot change their name on college records as these records are sealed upon graduation.

Name changes require a completed Name Change Form along with appropriate legal documentation. The legal documentation may be the original or notarized copy of a marriage license, court order, or decree of dissolution reflecting the new name in full. Please only provide the original document if the name change is being requested in-person. Do not send the original document via postal mail.

Currently enrolled international students who filled out the legal name field of the college application incorrectly must complete a Name Change Form and provide a photocopy of their current passport. The new name must exactly match the name on the passport.

The Registrar’s Office emails the appropriate offices at Babson notifying them of name changes. Due to naming conventions and management issues, the IT Service Center will change Babson account names and email addresses accordingly. Please note – if you are an undergraduate student, your registration group may change.​