Automobile Insurance

Babson carries liability and physical damage insurance for all vehicles owned, rented, or leased in the name of the College.

If a staff member, faculty member, or student is driving a College-owned, leased, or rented vehicle with permission and on behalf of the College, that person is an individually insured driver under the College's insurance policy. However, the insurance of the owner of a personal vehicle is the primary insurance when personally-owned vehicles are used for College business. The College's insurance does not cover physical damage to personally-owned vehicles.


  • In the event of an accident, passengers should get out of the vehicle and move away from the road, exiting from the side away from traffic if possible.
  • If another vehicle is involved, remain calm and courteous and acknowledge only facts to the other driver.
  • If the accident occurs off campus, immediately notify the local police.
  • Report any injuries to the local police and Public Safety immediately, and request medical assistance.
  • Keep any injured person warm and still. Do not move an injured person who has or is complaining of neck or back pain unless there are threatening conditions.
  • If an injured person is taken from the scene for medical treatment, find out the destination.
  • If the driver is injured, he/she should not drive.


  • If the accident occurs off campus, immediately report it to the local police.
  • Upon return to campus or earlier, report the accident to Public Safety (781-239-5555) and the Risk Management Office (781-239-5688). Accidents involving Facilities Management and Planning vehicles must also be reported to the appropriate supervisor.
  • If the accident occurs on College property, immediately report it to Public Safety (and Facilities Management, if appropriate). Public Safety will forward the accident report to the Risk Management Office.
  • If the accident involves a rental vehicle being used for College business, notify the car rental agency.
  • If the accident involves a personally-owned vehicle being used for College business, notify the vehicle owner's personal automobile insurer.
  • If an employee is injured in a vehicle accident while acting within the scope of his/her employment, he/she must contact Human Resources to file a workers' compensation claim.

For additional information see the Babson College Driver and Vehicle Use Policy.

 Contact Us

Jeannette Angles, ARM-E
Risk Manager

Barbara J. Popp
Administrative Assistant

Office of the President
Horn Library, Room 309
231 Forest Street
Babson Park, MA 02457​​​