The orientation program helps you and your student adjust to the Babson lifestyle and eases the transition into college by providing information and answers to any academic, personal, and social questions.
Parents and families of new students are invited to Family Orientation on Friday, August 29 and Saturday, August 30. Following move-in and check-in, parents and families can participate in a variety of programs and sessions to acclimate them to the Babson campus and community, and get a glimpse of the experience their students are about to embark on.
Family Orientation Schedule - January 2015 (Coming Soon!)
Student Move-In and Check-In Information
For important information about move-in and check-in on August 29, please visit the New Student Fall Orientation website »
Helpful Tips for Move-In Day
- Orientation sessions for students are not optional. If your student has any conflict with attending orientation, please email the first year class dean, Dan Kwash, as soon as possible so that your student is accounted for prior to the start of classes.
- Any student who has not turned in all medical records/proof of immunization, paid tuition balances, or completed necessary immigration paperwork must reconcile these requirements with the associated office before picking up their key. These offices will be available in the Reynolds Campus Center to assist you in completing these requirements. For questions prior to your arrival please contact the offices directly:
- Health Services - 781-239-6363
- Glavin Office of Multicultural and International Education – 781-239-4565
- Student Financial Services - 781-239-4219
- All cars will follow instructions provided at check-in for unloading at designated areas based on your student’s housing assignment. Immediately following unloading, all cars will be required to park in Trim Lot. We recommend that the driver of each vehicle take the car to Trim Lot while your student and additional family/friends assist with the move-in process after unloading.
- If your student is not arriving by car, please have taxi’s or other transportation drop your student and their belongings at the luggage drop located at the Reynolds Campus Center. We will have staff there to load your student’s belongings into a campus van and drive them to their residence hall for move-in after they have completed the check-in process.
- If your student arrives after 2 p.m., their room keys will be available at Public Safety. If arriving late, your student should connect immediately with their Peer Mentor, who will have emailed them at their Babson email address with their cell phone number.
Contact Brian Duggan, Assistant Class Dean, with any questions about Family Orientation.