The orientation program helps you and your student adjust to the Babson lifestyle and eases the transition into college by providing information and answers to any academic, personal, and social questions.
Parents and families of new students are invited to Family Orientation on Friday, August 28 and Saturday, August 29. Following move-in and check-in, parents and families can participate in a variety of programs and sessions to acclimate them to the Babson campus and community, and get a glimpse of the experience their students are about to embark on.
Orientation Schedule & Information
The Babson community is excited to welcome our new students and families for the Fall semester. The Orientation schedule is designed to introduce students and families to the community, academics, and campus life at Babson. We are pleased to offer the Orientation schedule through the Guidebook app, available on the web and on iOS and Android devices. The Babson College Orientation "guide" will be your one-stop-shop to Orientation and your first few days on campus. Check it out now!
Throughout the summer, staff in the Office of Academic Services host a series of webinars for incoming first-year students. As part of this webinar series, parents and families were invited to join us virtually for our "Family Information" summer webinar on Wednesday, July 15th. For those unable to join, the slides from the webinar as well as a full recording are available below.
The Babson Hub
The Babson Hub is your student's portal to all of the information needed to succeed at Babson. On the Hub, students will find important orientation resources, information on campus offices, and more. This summer, encourage your student to explore the Hub
, which is home to the following important pre-arrival items:
- How to transfer Advanced Credits (AP, IB, etc.) before registration
- New Student Roadshow videos, which highlight different offices and programs
- Course registration timelines, guides, and tutorials
Move-In and Check-In Information
Move-in and check-in for all new students is Friday, August 28. Students can receive residence hall keys as well as the Orientation schedule and information in Knight Auditorium between 8 a.m.-1 p.m. All new students are required to check-in at this time.
International Student Move-In
Students travelling to Babson internationally on Student Visas are able to move onto campus on Thursday, August 27. Students should reference communication with the Glavin Office regarding move-in times and locations. All international students are also required to check-in for Orientation on Friday, August 28, at Knight Auditorium.
Helpful Tips for Move-In Day
- Orientation sessions for students are not optional. If your student has any conflict with attending orientation, please email Dan Kwash, Associate Director, Senior Class Dean, as soon as possible so that your student is accounted for prior to the start of classes.
- Any student who has not turned in all medical records/proof of immunization, paid tuition balances, or completed necessary immigration paperwork must reconcile these requirements with the associated office before picking up their key. These offices will be available in Knight Auditorium to assist you in completing these requirements. For questions prior to your arrival please contact the offices directly:
- Health Services - 781-239-6363
- Glavin Office of Multicultural and International Education – 781-239-4565
- Student Financial Services - 781-239-4219
- All cars will follow instructions provided at check-in for unloading at designated areas based on your student’s housing assignment. Immediately following unloading, all cars will be required to park in Trim Lot. We recommend that the driver of each vehicle take the car to Trim Lot while your student and additional family/friends assist with the move-in process after unloading. Public Safety Officers will be present at each site to direct traffic. A group of student leaders will be at all locations assisting with the move-in process.
- If your student is not arriving by car, please have taxi’s or other transportation drop your student and their belongings at the luggage drop located at Knight Auditorium. We will have staff there to load your student’s belongings into a campus van and drive them to their residence hall for move-in after they have completed the check-in process.
- If your student arrives after 1 p.m., their room keys will be available at the Reynolds Campus Center information desk until 4:30 pm and at Public Safety after that. If arriving late, your student should connect immediately with their Peer Mentor, who will have emailed them at their Babson email address with their cell phone number.
Contact Brian Duggan, Class Dean, with any questions about Family Orientation.