The Cutler Center was initially funded in March 2000 by Stephen D. Cutler, former MBA student of Babson and the current President of Essex Investments.
Thanks to the continued generosity of Stephen D. Cutler and his wife, Alice, the Cutler Center is at the forefront of advancing the understanding and practice of investments and finance in our global economy.
Get more information on Mr. Cutler »
The Cutler Center was pleased to receive a gift from Carlton (Carl) F. Kilmer M’69 in June 2009, which allowed the Center to greatly increase its programs and resources.
The Cutler Center milestones are as follows:
- 2000: Center dedicated with initial Stephen Cutler gift; Finance Immersion Program (FIP) launched
- 2001: Finance Librarian hired
- 2003: Financial database and instructional programs expanded
- 2005: Center expanded with additional Stephen Cutler gift; Center re-named
- 2006: Student organizations grouped under Cutler Center umbrella
- 2007: Interim Director hired; WRDS and Factset databases added
- 2008: Full-time Director hired; Center of Excellence Award for Cutler Center (Horn Library); first Cutler Center BIMA Conference
- 2009: New gift from Carl Kilmer; leadership team expanded; programs materially expanded
- 2010: New Center mission and strategy; programs further expanded; FIP transitioning to Babson Corporate Finance Association (BCFA); endowment established
- 2011: Cutler Center expands partnerships; programs and events materially expanded; Bloomberg BusinessWeek ranks Babson #6 in financial management
- 2011-2012 Academic Year: see Cutler Center Year-in-Review (pdf)