Babson offers a variety of resources to students who are involved in gender-based discrimination. Resources are available to both victims/survivors and those accused of gender discrimination, as well as anyone else affected by the discrimination such as the friends of a victim/survivor.
Due to the sensitive nature of gender discrimination, not all resources are confidential. Before reaching out to a resource be sure to understand whether or not that resource is a confidential resource. A full list of both confidential and non-confidential resources is available at Reporting Sexual Harassment and Sexual Misconduct.
Boston Area Rape Crisis Center
BARCC offers a 24-hour hotline at 617-492-7273. BARCC also provides info and referrals for rape, sexual assault, dating and domestic violence as well as individual and group counseling, support groups, and accompaniment to local hospitals (such as to Newton Wellesley, where you may meet with a SANE certified nurse) and police stations.
Jane Doe Inc.
Jane Doe Inc. ffers a 24-hour hotline as well as a website to connect victims of sexual assault to local resources. 1-877-785-2020 (Massachusetts Coalition Against Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence confidential and multilingual statewide hotline).
Gay Men's Domestic Violence Project
Gay Men’s Domestic Violence Project has a 24-hour crisis line: 1-800-832-1901. The GMDVP also offers confidential info and referrals for rape, sexual assault, dating violence, and domestic violence for gay, bisexual, and transgender men in MA.
Focused on the LGBTQI community, Fenway Health Violence Recovery Program offers a 24-hour hotline: 1-888-242-0900 (Exension 311). In addition Fenway Health also has confidential individual and group counseling, advocacy, information and referrals for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender men and women.
Additional Off-Campus Resources
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Rape Crisis Program: 617-667-4645
Boston Police Sexual Assault Unit: 617-343-4400
Casa Myrna Vazquez: 1-800-992-2600
Offers a 24-hour shelter hotline
SafeLink (Statewide Domestic Violence Hotline Program of Casa Myrna Vazquez, Inc.): 1-877-785-2020
Child at Risk Hotline: 1-800-792-5200
Disabled Persons Protection Commission Hotline: 1-800-426-9009
Infolink National Victim Resource Line: 1-800-394-2255
- Offers a 24-hour Spanish hotline
- National Center for Victims of Crime
- Needham Police Domestic Violence Action Committee: 1-781-455-7500 x511
- RAINN (Rape Abuse Incest National Network): 1-800-656-4673
- REACH Domestic Violence - 24-hour Hotline: 1-800-899-4000
- Victims Rights Law Center (VRLC): 1-617-399-6720
- Voices Against Violence: 1-800-593-1125
- Wellesley Police Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-781-489-6677
- 1in6: A resource for men
Legal & Law Enforcement Services
- Wellesley Police: 1-781-235-1212
- Needham Police: 1-781-455-7570
- Massachusetts State Police: 1-508-872-8713
- Norfolk County District Attorney Office - Brookline: 1-617-738-5072
- Norfolk Superior Court: 1-781-326-1600
- Dedham District Court: 1-781-329-4777
- Newton Wellesley Hospital: 1-617-243-6000
- Brigham & Women's Hospital: 1-617-732-5500
- MetroWest Hospital: 1-508-650-7000
- Massachusetts Department of Health: 1-617-624-6000
- Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital, Needham: 781-453-5400