We are working around the campus to decrease the number of potentially hazardous chemicals used in cleaning. Some initiatives in this area include:
- Dining Services is increasingly using a line of more environmentally responsible cleaning products called EcoLogic.
- Purchase and deployment of 60 ActiveIon Ionator units which effectively clean and sanitize using ionized water instead of chemicals.
- More than 60% of the cleaning agents used on campus are certified as green.
- Equipment is being replaced with newer versions that meet green criteria such as reduced water consumption, no or low chemical use, and HEPA filters on vacuums.
- Replacing blackboards with white boards to reduce chalk dust and water consumption.