Sustainable procurement is a key part of Sustainability at Babson.
Green Purchasing Policy
Babson’s Purchasing Office has a Green Purchasing Policy to guide its purchasing decisions and demonstrate our commitment to environmental sustainability.
By purchasing Green products, Babson is leading the way in playing a significant role in the development of environmental sustainability on campus and in the local community.
When appropriate, Babson includes a clause in its bidding specifications that reads: “Babson is committed to buying products with recycled content or environmentally sustainable alternatives. Please offer any alternatives that you feel are available for this product, and supply all relevant specific information about the product.”
Specific purchasing actions:
- All computer hardware is EPEAT Gold rated.
- Cleaning products are Green Seal or EcoLogo certified cleaning products.
- All paper for the Canon Copy Center is made with 30% recycled content. The College always has used 30% recycled colored copy paper for our color needs.
- The College purchases paper towels with 94% recycled content and facial tissues with 90% recycled content.
- Purchase of paper made from waste sugarcane fiber
- The Purchasing Department always requests information on sustainability when dealing with vendors.
- Babson uses local businesses wherever possible.
Read more about Green Purchasing on the Purchasing Office’s website.